K-State wins the series at Texas
Kansas wins the series vs OK State
Baylor wins vs OU
Tech avoids getting swept at West Virginia

Updated look at Big 12 standings

F49461CD-9414-4021-911B-EAA657841400.jpeg

Last edited:

LawFrog504

It is simply an awful pitching staff. Wasting an offense of this caliber is just nauseating. 4 months from now I will have a similar feeling when I watch Cumbie call plays designed to get Dylan Thomas the rock while Darius Anderson is benched for god only knows what reason

Leap Frog

K-State wins the series at Texas
Kansas wins the series vs OK State
Baylor wins vs OU
Tech avoids getting swept at West Virginia

Updated look at Big 12 standings

View attachment 5616

Frogs are just one game in the lost column behind leader Baylor. Still time to shore things up and make a move in a well balanced race to the top. I like to be positive until we are eliminated from winning the whole thing. Hitting is there, so c'mon pitchers and get it together.

TooColdU

OU lost at Oral Roberts (3-2)
Tech lost at Duke (13-6)
OK-State wins vs DBU (6-3)
K-State wins vs Nebraska (5-0)
Baylor wins vs Sam Houston State (9-6)
Texas wins vs Lamar (7-2)

24 Clemson @ 5 Georgia tied at 2 in the 20th inning.

Georgia wins it on a walkoff single in the 20th

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

Okie St seems to be putting up some absurd numbers on offense this year based on the few scores I’ve seen (27, 15, and 10 runs).

Are they that good or have I just seen a couple crazy box scores?

Pharm Frog

Okie St seems to be putting up some absurd numbers on offense this year based on the few scores I’ve seen (27, 15, and 10 runs).

Are they that good or have I just seen a couple crazy box scores?

Big 12 pitching is mediocre IMO. But I do know that they've gone full commitment to launch angle stuff.

Pharm Frog

Back of envelope stuff. Everyone knows that our pitching has not been up to TCU standards this year. That much is clear. And, despite pre-season thoughts that our fielding would be improved, it really hasn't. It's pretty apparent that we have a much more potentially potent offense. However, our scoring per game is about where we were in 2017 and almost a quarter of our runs have been scored in just four ballgames (SFA and the EMU series). We are averaging approximately 1.5 runs less since Big12 play started (5.27) than our season average (6.83). We are at 5.9 runs per conference game. We used to say that we would almost certainly win if we get to 5-6 but that was with better pitching options.

We are batting 18 points worse in conference than on the season. Tech is down 19 points. Texas is down 19 points. OU is down 28 points. Oklahoma State is up by 2 points and Baylor is down by only 1 point and hitting .311 in conference. Not surprisingly, these two teams are leading the conference with the next four being in a virtual tie. BA isn't everything but it does provide a decent surrogate optic into how you might be getting into teams' bullpens. Okie Lite is averaging 8.4 runs per game in conference. and Baylor is averaging 7.0. If our bats can get hot (or at least hotter), we can make some noise.

While Rizer is really struggling at the plate in conference play, he anchors our outfield. We really need Wolfe and Watson to turn it on or Keefer come back strong. It would also be nice if we at least broke even on GIDP by season's end. Having a 31-16 disparity to the bad side is frightening. Getting to near even would mean great things for our pitchers and for scoring offense.

flyfishingfrog

Agreed, but we should care more about RPI and the metrics the committee will consider come selection monday
I get that - but seems sad we can't manage to field at top 25 baseball program for the second year in a row.

Let's hope we finish strong and make both RPI and our ranking improve

Right now, I have more optimism for our starting pitching than I have had this season really.

And our offense seems to have awakened a little as of late - even hitting a good pitcher well Saturday.

Unfortunately our bullpen and our defense have become atrocious as of late and both are undoing any good we get from the starters or the bats.