• The KillerFrogs

2019 Baseball Season

TooColdU

Pretty scheissing stupid to vote no on this

The problem is that this is a joint proposal between baseball and softball. Softball’s player-to-coach ratio is at 7:1, while baseball’s is at 12:1.

There’s no need for softball to add another full-time assistant. However, they don’t want any complaints to arise about gender equity.

Funny how “gender equity” doesn’t matter when it comes to the # of scholarships.

Moose Stuff

The problem is that this is a joint proposal between baseball and softball. Softball’s player-to-coach ratio is at 7:1, while baseball’s is at 12:1.

There’s no need for softball to add another full-time assistant. However, they don’t want any complaints to arise about gender equity.

Funny how “gender equity” doesn’t matter when it comes to the # of scholarships.

I would like to see baseball add a 3rd assistant but I understand why those that were against this voted the way they did.

MTfrog5

I would like to see baseball add a 3rd assistant but I understand why those that were against this voted the way they did.
I don’t when a school like Texas has plenty of money to fund two more coaches. I bet if Herman said they need some other [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] football position they would add it.

Moose Stuff

I don’t when a school like Texas has plenty of money to fund two more coaches. I bet if Herman said they need some other [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] football position they would add it.

You understand it, you just don’t agree with it. Which is basically what I’m saying as well. Tech also voted “no” FWIW.

Eight

I love when 3 schools that get millions from tax payers complain they don’t have enough money

hey now, those associates to the assistant athletic directors don't come cheap

i know a few horns who somehow were under the impression cdc was going to lay waste to the excess in belmont and streamline the texas athletic department, but i don't think that has happened yet.

PO Frog

Not sure if serious regarding number of scholarships but "gender equity" has been the main driver of termination of men's scholarship sports and the addition of women's scholarship sports for going on 40 years now. To say this is some new concern is silly.

Pharm Frog

And that was their Fri nite starter?? I'm assuming also maybe at least 1 position player pitched? Hopefully they didnt empty the bullpen on a Fri on a lost cause.

I think Zepherjahn is their ace but they pitched Cyr. I don't know if they've been throwing Cyr in the Friday night role all season or not but I don't think he's as good as Zepherjahn. I haven't seen Eli Davis pitch since he came back from surgery but if he's in his top form I think Cyr is the least of their weekend rotation. I figure that teams like KU and KSU may start inverting their staffs on the weekend to try and steal Sunday (or Saturday games) and get themselves into Bricktown. I'd be somewhat surprised if the Frogs sweep any Big12 team this year given our struggles with defense and pitching and we'd think KSU and KU would be the most likely candidates if we did. But I'm still thinking 2-1 against them both.

Moose Stuff

And that was their Fri nite starter?? I'm assuming also maybe at least 1 position player pitched? Hopefully they didnt empty the bullpen on a Fri on a lost cause.

Was not the “Friday” starter. Seems to be a little trend these days.... both Kentucky and Missouri are throwing their best guy on Saturday this week. Perhaps just giving them an extra day of rest, although honestly that would be a bit silly as 7 days is already more than enough.

Pharm Frog

Was not the “Friday” starter. Seems to be a little trend these days.... both Kentucky and Missouri are throwing their best guy on Saturday this week. Perhaps just giving them an extra day of rest, although honestly that would be a bit silly as 7 days is already more than enough.

I heard an SEC coach interviewed on radio and he said it was to gain favorable matchups for a series win. Unless they are going Friday to Saturday to Sunday with their ace it doesn't achieve any more rest than just a Friday to Friday routine.