• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Pharm Frog

Top teams in this conference will kill us. Every other game is very winnable. Heck even KU has trouble shooting from outside. Rebounding will be an issue going forward though

Top teams in the conference SHOULD kill us. But I bet we play some much closer than we SHOULD. Might even give the Eers a game when back in FTW. Not concerned about this loss unless someone ends up injured.

MTfrog5

Top teams in the conference SHOULD kill us. But I bet we play some much closer than we SHOULD. Might even give the Eers a game when back in FTW. Not concerned about this loss unless someone ends up injured.
KU should kill us down low. Tech is the worst match up for us so I’m not expecting anything. Baylor should beat us by 50 with how athletic their guards are which means we probably beat them. Our game at OU will be big on how this season will go. Very very winnable if we rotate on defense the way we had been doing before tonight

Francis Xav

Well...either the bottom of the BIG 12 is so atrocious or this is one of those games...IDK..similar to what we did to WVU at our place last year. Or was it the year before where we won by 40. I will not panic, but man, our defense was significantly worse than it was against OSU.

Wouldn't shock me if we win at OU for real. Jamie usually does his best after these losses.

That was putrid though.

MTfrog5

Well...either the bottom of the BIG 12 is so atrocious or this is one of those games...IDK..similar to what we did to WVU at our place last year. Or was it the year before where we won by 40. I will not panic, but man, our defense was significantly worse than it was against OSU.

Wouldn't shock me if we win at OU for real. Jamie usually does his best after these losses.

That was putrid though.
ISU beat OU by 13 so yeah I’d say Saturday is very winnable

BillupsFrog

I hope this is a wakeup call. Sometimes teams have these losses.

We have nothing going tonight and our defense is much worse than the other day.

I hate the way WVU gets away w murder
Francis this game explicitly shows us where our basketball team is & where it ain’t. We’re “okay” but an NIT birth is the ceiling for this team & that’s going to be a stretch.

DickBumpastache

Francis this game explicitly shows us where our basketball team is & where it ain’t. We’re “okay” but an NIT birth is the ceiling for this team & that’s going to be a stretch.

I think we're no worse than 7th in the conference, and with the good start and a little luck down the stretch, we can get to 5th. That alone is probably enough to put us in the bubble conversation.

The Big 12 is extremely top-heavy this year, but they've got to put 68 teams in the tournament. I don't think we're talented enough to be a bubble team in a typical year...but this is not a typical year. It's all about parity, so just do enough to get your name in the lottery and hope you get picked come Selection Sunday.

Our freshmen played a combined 60 minutes and scored 6 points on 2-11 shooting. At some point I expect them to contribute a lot more but the bigger question I have about the program is: who's doing the evaluating, and why can't we seem to consistently get players who provide valuable minutes as freshmen? Coming off of the debacle that was the 2018 class, this is turning into a serious issue.

Portland Frog

The frogs are probably competitive with all but 4 teams right now (WVU, TT, BU and KU). They must continue to beat those other 8 teams per captain obvious. If so, 20 wins and a tourney bid will follow. We all hope the frogs will continue to improve too.

bp4tcu

Say for KSU, probably OSU, conference play will absolutely have it’s way with us. Going to be a long one.

Saturday won’t be terrible, but I expect to lose by at least 20 on Tuesday.