• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

Final, barring upsets, should be a good matchup of Chelsea v City. ManU at least has somewhat of a chance (though I’d put it at 30%) of getting to the Final.

Last edited:

Eight

if you haven't seen any of man u v chelsea all i can say is

that-escalated-quickly-cs2fy5.jpg

dawg

dawg

View attachment 7542
no no no no. The appeal decision for Man City IIRC will occur on 7/13.

If UEFA lets City off the hook, then they need to do away with the charade of FFP regulations.

It’s gonna suck for Chelsea when Wolves beat them the last game of the year and Man U Takes 4th ;)

Unless CHE shores up the back four (and goalie) it could very well happen.

The bigger match may be on 7/13... if City's ban is upheld, than 5th'll get you into the CL.

dawg

Champions and Europa League matches are moving to CBS All Access starting when matches resume. Supposedly they plan to air 300+ matches per season with "select matches" on CBS and CBS Sports. All Access is $10/mo or $6 with ads.

Hopefully, the quarters, semis, and Final will get shown on CBSN or CBS, but watch Viacom (who has played a role in jacking up our cable bills for decades) put them all on All Access. Turner and Bleacher Report's coverage wasn't great, but at least the matches were on TNT/TBS.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cbs-all-access-uefa-champions-league-football-152021183.html

Chongo94

Champions and Europa League matches are moving to CBS All Access starting when matches resume. Supposedly they plan to air 300+ matches per season with "select matches" on CBS and CBS Sports. All Access is $10/mo or $6 with ads.

Hopefully, the quarters, semis, and Final will get shown on CBSN or CBS, but watch Viacom (who has played a role in jacking up our cable bills for decades) put them all on All Access. Turner and Bleacher Report's coverage wasn't great, but at least the matches were on TNT/TBS.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cbs-all-access-uefa-champions-league-football-152021183.html

Stupid. Absolutely scheissing stupid. Fifa and UEFA continue to blow it with their champions league coverage here. TNT bleacher report was bad enough, now this?

Just another reason why I pay less and less attention to this competition each year.