• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Pretty brutal stuff for them. Sad deal. I think we Americans are more used to this or perhaps more nonchalant about this were it to happen here what with our sports teams relocating and being completely upfront about being business entities. I mean our leagues have actually taken over and saved badly run teams at times.

Those English fans seem gutted.

Bury expelled from EFL after 125 years as takeover collapses
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...llapses-hours-before-football-league-deadline

Last edited:

Purp

@tcujsauce we may not be friends for a while. Bayern and Spurs were drawn into the same Champion's League group. In our current form I won't be surprised if one of us doesn't advance, though we both should. It's early still. Looking forward to the match-up.

tcujsauce

@tcujsauce we may not be friends for a while. Bayern and Spurs were drawn into the same Champion's League group. In our current form I won't be surprised if one of us doesn't advance, though we both should. It's early still. Looking forward to the match-up.

Should be fun! Red Star has parked an old tank outside their stadium, super Soviet of them.

Last edited:

Purp

Groups F and H are going to have a good side bow out early and A may be in a similar boat. There are a lot of groups with two clear-cut favorites, though, where I can see upsets happening. Like I said before, though, it's still early and some groups are still rounding into form around the European xfer window.

Chongo94

Will be pulling for a little run by some minnow or former great as usual. Wouldn’t mind seeing Atalanta and Salzburg make some headway.

Hell, I’d love it if some former Eastern Bloc team went all Stalin on this competition one year haha. Red Star and Dinamo for the win ha.

Chongo94

I know today is the first real big day of the cfb season but if y’all can, find a replay of the Dortmund vs Union Berlin game. Great atmosphere, amazing result for Union.

If you google some history on Union you’ll see why they’re such a good sports story this year.

Eight

I know today is the first real big day of the cfb season but if y’all can, find a replay of the Dortmund vs Union Berlin game. Great atmosphere, amazing result for Union.

If you google some history on Union you’ll see why they’re such a good sports story this year.

very good game and i never understood the whole concern about flares and fireworks being smuggled into large crowds.

tcujsauce

First Bundesliga win in Union’s history, against a far superior squad. It was a thing of beauty.