1. The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Portland Frog, Jul 30, 2018.

1. This may not be the thread for you guys.

tcujsauce and Chongo94 like this.
  2. Yeah, I didn’t get to see the injury but heard it on the radio. Adrian isn’t bad at all, but he’s no Alisson. We’ll see what they say after the scans.

3. Champs: Man City
    CL Places: Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal
    Europa: Chelsea, Leicester
    “Everton Trophy”: Anyone of Wolves, Everton, or West Ham
    Relegated: Newcastle, The Blades, Burnley.

4. Had a game tonight. GM of our club is an huge Liverpool supporter. He's really worried. Said it was a non-contact deal where he kicked a free kick and as he extended his leg on the follow through fell to the floor as if someone had clipped him from behind. Sounds pretty serious.

Chongo94 likes this.
  5. #1065 Chongo94, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    I’m not an anti-City guy or anything, and it might be neat to see them three peat and I certainly like them far far and away above United but geez, they really do suck some of the fun out of any title race.

6. Alisson will be out 4-8 weeks apparently.

7. I’m very much an anti-City guy.

Purp and Chongo94 like this.
  8. Chelsea are in for a long season...

9. It looks like it. I mean you have to be ready for the counter attack. Trial by fire for these young players.

Chongo94 likes this.
  10. This pick not looking so hot on early returns.

11. #1071 Chongo94, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    One game. We’ll see how it shakes out. Only races worth watching this season are the relegation race and positions 2-7. Was pretty surprised by that though. Really hoping Southampton does better than that the rest of the way.

12. I'm not ready yet to concede the trophy to City yet. It's a long season and a lot will happen between now and then. I still think Liverpool are going to have a say in things and I was really shocked by what I saw from Spurs too.

I hadn't seen them that aggressive in maybe ever and they did it without Son and Dele Alli the entire match and Eriksen until the last half hour or so. Granted, it was a newly promoted Villa they did it against, but Villa played incredibly well in defense the entire match and they got several unbelievable saves from Heaton. There were at least 3 saves he made that I have no idea even watching replays how he stopped them.

I was really impressed by Ndombele. The first half he showed flashes, but seemed to drift in and out of the game a bit. The 2nd half tactical adjustments moved him into more of a wide position and he was involved in nearly every play after that. Eriksen came in and did Eriksen things, but Spurs were on the front foot for 15-20 minutes already before he came on. Lamela was very strong, Lucas Mora had a very active match. Walker-Peters was also damn impressive at right back. I expected that spot to look unsettled for a while with Trippier's departure, but the exact opposite was true. And Aurier may be the guy who sees more time there, but it's great to know there is quality depth for that position.

I don't want to sound too much like a sunshine and rainbows fan girl; there is clearly a lot that needs to be cleaned up and improved upon. But I come away from that performance with a lot more optimism than I expected given the names who were left out. Truthfully, my main worry now is that the club will take the positive individual performances from the weekend and decide that Eriksen is expendable given the depth behind him. I think it would be a grievous mistake to let go of the most creative play-maker in the squad, but I understand why it's a consideration.

Chongo94 likes this.
  13. So apparently that was the first time Chelsea conceded 4 goals in an August league game since Scooby-Doo began in 1969.

Purp likes this.
  14. More of the same probably on the way Wednesday vs Liverpool in the super cup.

Chongo94 likes this.
  15. Might be even worse. Liverpool can run some scores up. There are few things I'd enjoy more than watching that.

Chongo94 likes this.
  16. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49335062

Am I think only one who thinks this is a mistake? Not because she's female, but because she did a pretty poor job in the Women's WC Final between the USWNT and Netherlands. I can't imagine this will go well.

17. I haven’t seen her ref. I’ve seen that woman in the Bundesliga though and she’s great! Probably should’ve gone with her over this French league ref as it does seem many commented on how poor the women’s WC was officiating wise.

18. 2-2 Super Cup in the 115th minute. Much better CHE performance regardless of outcome.

Chongo94 likes this.
  19. The best league started today...the Bundesliga. Anyone catch the game? Bayern have some issues. Dortmund might actually take it this year.

tcujsauce likes this.