• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Moose Stuff

If you’re a US soccer fan Sunday is one of the better days you’ll ever have to look forward to..... women for the World Cup title in the AM and the men vs Mexico for the Gold Cup title that evening.

Purp

And then they restarted the game and we look like hammered [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. With the exception of Pulisic pretty much every Jamaican is a better athlete than every American and they know it.
The restart clearly didn't carry over the same momentum, but I didn't think it was that bad. Jamaica made a shrewd tactical change in the break and I was actually impressed with how our guys responded and figured out how to still create some chances. Jamaica was intent on denying Jozy the ball and stuffing the center of the park with bodies to force the center backs to make long passes. It was an effective strategy, but most U.S. teams the last 2-3 years would not have figured out a way to break that down. These kids did.

They keep saying Jordan Morris is on the field but I haven’t seen him all night.
He's not a winger. No clue what Berhalter was trying with that move. I'd still like to see more from him, but I think his ghost is more Berhalter's fault.

Zardes just missed the goal by a solid 20 feet high and 30 feet right from point blank. SMFH that we can’t find guys better than this.

He may be kicking for us next fall.
That was embarrassing. McKinnie deserved the assist there. Just a perfectly weighted ball to the guys you'd theoretically want on the end of it and he did the equivalent of fumbling the snap.

Purp

I'm really impressed with Cannon in this tournament. he had another excellent performance tonight. He's consistently solid defensively and a very dangerous player in the attack. I like him a lot.

Ream and Morris were the only starters for me who I felt were bad. I really don't think Ream is a wing back and I think he's as much a liability as every other left back we've tried since Corey Gibbs. I would love to see two of Cannon/Yedlin/Johnson at the outside back positions even if one is on his off footed side.

I'm getting schoolgirl giddy about the future at midfield with McKinnie, Pulisic, Adams, and Boyd. The potential of that group is so exciting considering their ages.

To your point on Zardes, if we can just find someone for them up top to finish reliably. Very excited to see what happens against Mexico.

Moose Stuff

I'm really impressed with Cannon in this tournament. he had another excellent performance tonight. He's consistently solid defensively and a very dangerous player in the attack. I like him a lot.

Ream and Morris were the only starters for me who I felt were bad. I really don't think Ream is a wing back and I think he's as much a liability as every other left back we've tried since Corey Gibbs. I would love to see two of Cannon/Yedlin/Johnson at the outside back positions even if one is on his off footed side.

I'm getting schoolgirl giddy about the future at midfield with McKinnie, Pulisic, Adams, and Boyd. The potential of that group is so exciting considering their ages.

To your point on Zardes, if we can just find someone for them up top to finish reliably. Very excited to see what happens against Mexico.

Hoping two years from now the current young core is joined by Sargent/Weah/Pomykal/Soto.....

Also feel like we’ve got a few guys not currently with the squad who could be upgrades. You already mentioned Yedlin. How about John Brooks? He hurt again I assume?

Chongo94

Shocking I know, but apparently Megan Rapinoe is once again and still criticizing FIFA after they announced they would double the prize money for the women’s World Cup and invest $1billion dollars into the women’s game the next four years or so. Apparently she is also upset that 2 other finals happen tomorrow as well.

I used to think she believed half the crap that constantly spews out of her mouth but now I think she just craves attention. Cannot stand her. Ok, rant over, sorry.

Shocking I know, but apparently Megan Rapinoe is once again and still criticizing FIFA after they announced they would double the prize money for the women’s World Cup and invest $1billion dollars into the women’s game the next four years or so. Apparently she is also upset that 2 other finals happen tomorrow as well.

I used to think she believed half the crap that constantly spews out of her mouth but now I think she just craves attention. Cannot stand her. Ok, rant over, sorry.

Please let her be on the part of California that falls into the ocean.

Moose Stuff

Please let her be on the part of California that falls into the ocean.

I’m gonna disagree. Look, I don’t agree with much of what she says but I respect what she’s trying to do. And yes, they are raising the money for the ladies but they’re raising it even more for the men so the gap is only growing. She has a legitimate point (especially in THIS country).

And all the while she’s kicking ass on the field. I can respect just about anyone who talks the talk AND walks the walk.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

These ladies are just an absolute machine. Total respect for what they’ve done and continue to do for this sport, not just in this country but for girls all over the world.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
These ladies are just an absolute machine. Total respect for what they’ve done and continue to do for this sport, not just in this country but for girls all over the world.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This team wins. Everyone wins.<br><br>Victory is when we all win. It&#39;s only crazy until you do it. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/justdoit?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#justdoit</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/USWNT?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@USWNT</a> <a href="https://t.co/pBU7UE2IEs">pic.twitter.com/pBU7UE2IEs</a></p>&mdash; Nike (@Nike) <a href="">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>