• The KillerFrogs

2019-20 Tcu Men’s Basketball Coaching Thread

CountryFrog

Did I miss something? Is JD leaving a foregone conclusion? This thread reads like he's already packed the uhaul.
It's better than the other thread that has almost nothing related to actual coaching. It's just a debate about who is responsible for buyouts, why they exist, and how to get out of them.

LVH

Beard’s pre-Tech resume included:
- coaching under Knight at Tech having recruited the region
- being a really good D2 coach in the same recruiting region
- taking UALR to the Tournament in his one year there

As I think you were getting at, that’s likely gonna be impossible to replicate

Craig Smith is as close as it gets in my opinion.

Froggish

I like Craig Smith and think he could be a really good hire...He’s a bit of live wire though..Kind of a guy fans love but opponents fans think is a d-bag.

Speaking of good coaches who have a bit of reputation...No love for Gregg Marshall at Wichita St?...Guy has a great resume

Atomic Frawg

Can you tell me why in the hell Kelvin Sampson would come here to coach? Just wondering.
Well, let's see, he only made $1.6M last year at Houston, better conference and better recruiting, better city, better facilities, and a chance to stick it to his old school twice a year come readily to mind. The only thing Houston is trying to do right now is up the money. All other aspects remain the same.

Pharm Frog

I like Craig Smith and think he could be a really good hire...He’s a bit of live wire though..Kind of a guy fans love but opponents fans think is a d-bag.

Speaking of good coaches who have a bit of reputation...No love for Gregg Marshall at Wichita St?...Guy has a great resume

No love here.

Froggish

Well, let's see, he only made $1.6M last year at Houston, better conference and better recruiting, better city, better facilities, and a chance to stick it to his old school twice a year come readily to mind. The only thing Houston is trying to do right now is up the money. All other aspects remain the same.
Isn’t Kelvin dancing with Arky right now?

MCFROG III

You obviously haven't been to UH's Tillman Fertitta Center. It's no dump. He's also just signed a 6 yr $18 million deal.

LVH

Greg Marshall is the Gary Patterson of CBB. He has probably been offered by every major program that has had an opening in the past 6 years. Why would he all of a sudden choose to leave for us?

robbroyy

Fort Worth does a lot of things better than Houston but being a basketball city is not one of them.

Atomic Frawg

You obviously haven't been to UH's Tillman Fertitta Center. It's no dump. He's also just signed a 6 yr $18 million deal.
I know that there is a deal in the works, but I haven't seen anything definitive that says he's signed. All articles I've seen so far say "he's close to" or "reportedly" signing/singing. If he has, good for him, but he doesn't seem to be in a rush.