• The KillerFrogs

2018 TCU BASEBALL SEASON THREAD

SportsJunkie

7/17/1997 DOB which would have made him an age eligible sophomore this year had he stayed at Tech. Cutoff for that is 7/21 so he just barely sneaks in.

How did you find his DOB? A tech friend of mine is saying he's not draft eligible. Just wanted to confirm this was correct before I correct him.

Moose Stuff

How did you find his DOB? A tech friend of mine is saying he's not draft eligible. Just wanted to confirm this was correct before I correct him.

I have my ways. It’s kinda what I do. He’s not draft eligible in the traditional sense as he’s just a sophomore but he becomes age eligible due to turning 21 within 45 days of the draft this year. Same way Purke was eligible.

FWIW... I just cross referenced the DOB I have with the Perfect Game database and it’s the same. So unless both are incorrect you can tell your Tech friend he’s mistaken.

Edit - and I’m not saying there is NO WAY I have it wrong. It’s unlikely but not impossible.

TCURiggs

Got to visit with Schloss for a bit at the Shriners event where he was honored with the Humanitarian award the other night. He said that Freshman Pitcher Caleb Sloan has looked really good and will be helpful out of the bullpen... fastball touched 97 recently. He also mentioned that the tall lefty Freshman, Russell Smith, has looked great and will probably be the midweek starter. Sounded like Chuck King will be the long reliever and Conner Shepherd, JUCO transfer, probably has 3B locked up. Can't remember who he said the main two battling for 2B are, but they're new faces.

As an aside, that was a neat event. The Shriners Hospitals do some incredible things for children and that group really appreciates how Schloss and his guys handle themselves. For those that don't recall, the Shriners Hospital Classic is the tourney in Houston that we play in. I didn't realize it until they said it during the presentation, but we've never lost a game in their tournament. Schloss gave a heartfelt speech after receiving the award, and he even got a little choked up talking about the Shriners kids, and especially when he mentioned Micah. What a dude... we're lucky to have him.

Last edited:
Got to visit with Schloss for a bit at the Shriners event where he was honored with the Humanitarian award the other night. He said that Freshman Pitcher Caleb Sloan has looked really good and will be helpful out of the bullpen... fastball touched 97 recently. He also mentioned that the tall lefty Freshman, Russell Smith, has looked great and will probably be the midweek starter. Sounded like Chuck King will be the long reliever and Conner Shepherd, JUCO transfer, probably has 3B locked up. Can't remember who he said the main two battling for 2B are, but they're new faces.

As an aide, that was a neat event. The Shriners Hospitals do some incredible things for children and that group really appreciates how Schloss and his guys handle themselves. For those that don't recall, the Shriners Hospital Classic is the tourney in Houston that we play in. I didn't realize it until they said it during the presentation, but we've never lost a game in their tournament. Schloss gave a heartfelt speech after receiving the award, and he even got a little choked up talking about the Shriners kids, and especially when he mentioned Micah. What a dude... we're lucky to have him.

Man, Sloan and Smith sound like they are going to be major talents and contributors on day 1. Wonder how good they could be after a few seasons?

GoFrog Yourself

TV schedule is up:

http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/012918aaa.html

2018 TV Schedule
Friday, Feb. 16 @ Grand Canyon • 7 p.m. • ESPN3
Tuesday, Feb. 20 vs. UT Arlington • 6:30 p.m. • FSSW
Sunday, Feb. 25 vs. Long Beach State • 1 p.m. • FSSW
Sunday, March 4 vs. UC Irvine • 1 p.m. • FSSW
Saturday, March 10 @ UCLA • 9 p.m. • Pac-12 Network
Sunday, March 18 vs. Minnesota • 1 p.m. • FSSW+
Saturday, March 24 vs. Kansas State • 2 p.m. • FSSW
Sunday, March 25 vs. Kansas State • 1 p.m. • FSSW+
Friday, March 30 @ Oklahoma State • 8 p.m. • ESPNU
Saturday, March 31 @ Oklahoma State • 6 p.m. • ESPNU
Sunday, April 1 @ Oklahoma State • Noon • FSSW+
Saturday, April 7 vs. Oklahoma • 7 p.m. • ESPNU
Friday, April 13 @ Kansas • 6 p.m. • ESPN3
Saturday, April 14 @ Kansas • 2 p.m. • ESPN3
Sunday, April 15 @ Kansas • 1 p.m. • ESPN3
Sunday, April 22 @ Baylor • 1 p.m. • FSSW+
Friday, April 27 vs. Texas Tech • 8 p.m. • FS1
Saturday, April 28 vs. Texas Tech • 7 p.m. • ESPNU
Sunday, April 29 vs. Texas Tech • 1 p.m. • ESPNU
Sunday, May 6 vs. Lamar • 1 p.m. • FSSW+
Saturday, May 12 vs. West Virginia • 4 p.m. • FSSW
Thursday, May 17 @ Texas • 6:30 p.m. • FS1
Friday, May 18 @ Texas • TBA • Longhorn Network
Saturday, May 19 @ Texas • TBA • Longhorn Network

Eight

Because you like watching FrogVision?

not if i want to see anything.......frogs at rice and while a little bit of a drive nice park, good places to eat down in the area, won't be a sellout, no horn fans like austin, no hearing how mensa is the god of college football, get to see the frogs since they are not in the shriner event this year...oh and scheiss texas and scheiss mensa