• The KillerFrogs

2018 TCU BASEBALL SEASON THREAD

Pharm Frog

On mobile? Dumb IT department. They're clearly not very concerned with security.

What makes you think the world's 5th largest pharmaceutical company is concerned with security? FWIW - I did submit an inquiry for Brave. My IT incident report indicates that it has been "escalated for review". I've learned that's a New Delhi euphemism for "no".

Paint It Purple

As this baseball season continued to implode, my wife often commented that "there must be something going on behind the scene that's bad." I dismissed the notion at the time, believing that we were just "due" for a down year. If all of the reports are true about JS, then little did I know that the bad my wife suspected, was the fish was rotting from the head down. If that's correct, then shame on JS for losing focus.

tcujsauce

As this baseball season continued to implode, my wife often commented that "there must be something going on behind the scene that's bad." I dismissed the notion at the time, believing that we were just "due" for a down year. If all of the reports are true about JS, then little did I know that the bad my wife suspected, was the fish was rotting from the head down. If that's correct, then shame on JS for losing focus.

I understand that sentiment, especially after a tough season, but I find it hard to believe that Schloss would just all of a sudden mail it in and "lose focus" after everything he's done for TCU baseball. It was a tough year filled with injuries, pitching that wasn't up to expectation, and youthful mistakes at the plate/on the bases/defensively. Sure, the buck stops with the boss, but I just find it hard to believe Schloss just folded after everything he's accomplished and built.

Paint It Purple

I understand that sentiment, especially after a tough season, but I find it hard to believe that Schloss would just all of a sudden mail it in and "lose focus" after everything he's done for TCU baseball. It was a tough year filled with injuries, pitching that wasn't up to expectation, and youthful mistakes at the plate/on the bases/defensively. Sure, the buck stops with the boss, but I just find it hard to believe Schloss just folded after everything he's accomplished and built.
I'm totally with you and your explanation. I have the utmost respect for JS and all he's done. The thing that's gnawing at me, is this thing about ongoing talks (back channel or or otherwise) that may have been happening for some time. JS is strong, but he's human too. So if all that's been happening, then it had to take away some measure of focus.

TCUdirtbag

According to my source at MSU, it's a done deal and will be announced after MSU's post season run is over.

If I'm Donati, I give Schloss a deadline to sign an extension with an insane buyout pre February 15, 2019, or get replaced. If we wait until next week to start interviewing we might lose Saarloos to Rice. CJS needs to [ Finebaum ] or get off the pot.

Paint It Purple

According to my source at MSU, it's a done deal and will be announced after MSU's post season run is over.
I'm afraid you are correct. This thing has gone on too long. If this was a gambit to parlay program improvements, it would have already been announced that he's staying. And if his staying or going is this fickle after all these years, then what's to stop it again next year. Been good having you. Enjoy MS

flyfishingfrog

That’s what I was told last week but starting to think it’s not true

If it was done, he would have to have told ADJD and even an inexperienced AD would not have approved Rice talking to our asst coach with our head coach leaving for sure

Sebastian S

Why wait this long? The least you can do is let us know so we can seek your replacement.

At this point, it would almost be awkward if he stayed.

Purp

I don't think he mailed it in at all. But I do think some things have been going on behind the scenes and way off the field that have affected his focus this season. This potential move is likely only a part of that distraction, but not the entirety of it.