• The KillerFrogs

2018 TCU BASEBALL SEASON THREAD

Horny 4 Life

Looking at his profile, he seems to say a lot, and if this here is the case then you're taking some pretty hot (and far right) opinions to your local bank besides sports predictions...

He may not know a lot about a lot of things, but he does know how to blow [ Finebaum ] up.

FrogCoach84

No clue if there’s any truth to Miss State stuff but it wouldn’t surprise me if Schloss was seriously considering moving on...and it wouldn’t be because of anything on the field.

TCUdirtbag

No clue if there’s any truth to Miss State stuff but it wouldn’t surprise me if Schloss was seriously considering moving on...and it wouldn’t be because of anything on the field.

His son will be a freshman at TCU next year and his daughter is like a junior in high school. We keep giving him huge raises and everything he wants. He had an opportunity to talk to Texas and shut it down. Would make zero sense.

But I agree he isn’t going anywhere because of on-field stuff. He’s been here since 2004. A mediocre year isn’t scaring him away.

FrogCoach84

His son will be a freshman at TCU next year and his daughter is like a junior in high school. We keep giving him huge raises and everything he wants. He had an opportunity to talk to Texas and shut it down. Would make zero sense.

But I agree he isn’t going anywhere because of on-field stuff. He’s been here since 2004. A mediocre year isn’t scaring him away.
More to a family than the kiddos

Moose Stuff

You should all assume that there’s a chance this story has legs. Probably a much better chance than you want to think too. Who knows what the end result will be.

Pharm Frog

You should all assume that there’s a chance this story has legs. Probably a much better chance than you want to think too. Who knows what the end result will be.

I agree with this. While I hope and still believe that CJS will stay, I feel this may be the time he decides to make the move. There is one HUGE difference this year compared to prior years. And while I hope it was vetted to the n’th degree relative to coach retention, changes in management naturally cause re-evaluations.

Moose Stuff

I agree with this. While I hope and still believe that CJS will stay, I feel this may be the time he decides to make the move. There is one HUGE difference this year compared to prior years. And while I hope it was vetted to the n’th degree relative to coach retention, changes in management naturally cause re-evaluations.

I honestly don’t think the change in ADs is gonna be a factor in any possible move. Strictly my opinion.

TCUdirtbag

Well, now I’m worried.

This is bizarre. I’ll be in disbelief if he goes. I would understand LSU or Texas. But MSU? Why? What do they have other than their obviously amazing new facilities? It just doesn’t add up. I’m afraid of what would happen. Would be two huge blows to TCU athletics in 6 months.

Would Saarloos go with him? Mo? Would we promote from within or go get someone? I’d think we should be able to get a ton of proven coaches. Not sure Whitting would leave his alma mate to come back. Who else would we target?

Last edited:

Eight

I assume the scholarship situation is a bigger issue?

that would make sense.

i realize we have been told we don't understand the reasons behind tcu's pricing model and the cost of tuition should not be based upon the impact on the baseball program, but the simple fact you are dealing with fractional scholarships in baseball and the cost of a year at tcu continues to climb there has to be a breaking point.

Bully13

Hey Frogs, I'm a Mississippi State Fan Who Visits You in Peace Tonight with Good Cheer.

I was born a Bulldog but have lived here in Ft Worth for 15 years. I have adopted TCU as my "2nd team". I remember the Jackie Sherrill days when finally I could hold my shoulder's back therefore always pulled for A&M against UT. Miss State & Ole Miss are a scaled down replica in many ways to UT & A&M. Uppidy , snobbish , spoon fed lawyers vs the salt of the earth types who build stuff and produce instead of parasiting thru the legal system.

Then I move here. I worked next to Eric Buchanan. Y'all's bad assed safety a few years back. Lemme tell you guys, what a quality individual Eric is. Even though I'm a Christian, I fail to say grace sometimes. Eric embarrassed me at lunch on that one time.

I always pull for TCU. That neighborhood that surrounds y'alls football stadium is something that reminds me of that beautiful neighborhood in Berkley, CA. Amazing. I take my 14 yr son occasionally when it's too hot to play tennis. Great indoor facilities there guys.

Y'alls total A$$ whipping of Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl will be forever a fond memory of mine. You have no idea how much MSU nation loved that/.

So now, enough of my BS. Yes there are rumblings. If you want to get a good inside scoop on the goings on the MSU side, visit elitedawgs.com

I am no insider. I rely on stuff on the internet which we all know can be BS. But there are solid rumours on Schloss. We will see. I've known about this for a couple of weeks and I've been lurking y'alls board to see what was going on.

I was NOT going to sign up till y'all got a hold of the rumors because I didn't want to start a crap job troll job on you fine fans..

We will see.

If he does come to StarkVegas, please google MSU Baseball History. But enough for now. I hope you guys win it all and get to Omaha if MSU cannot. Maybe that would kill this "deal" that supposedly our AD and Schloss has.

Peace out Frogs. GO TCU!!!