• The KillerFrogs

2018 TCU BASEBALL SEASON THREAD

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Never said that - but to expect us to have a 2014 like year next year just because we did after 2013 is naive and shows a lack of understanding in what made the 2013 to 2014 jump even possible or a failure to comprehend what we are most likely losing this year

Then what exactly are you saying? All I said was that it can happen. You are the one making a case that sounds like all is lost.

flyfishingfrog

Then what exactly are you saying? All I said was that it can happen. You are the one making a case that sounds like all is lost.
That we are a lot more likely to regress next year then have a 2014 season

I would hope we find a way to at least make the post season based on regular season play next year - but it seems like our two options are either find a lot of new guys and hope they mesh or start with a nucleus of guys that couldn’t get it done this year because of lack of some basic baseball skills and hope suddenly find a new level

Neither seems like a path to 2014 rebound

So prepare for another year this one I would suspect - with maybe better pitching if we can get Russ in the weekend and find a closer

Pharm Frog

Lester Listeria?
Sammy Salmonella?
Victor Von Virus?
Billy Bob Butter Crunch?
Peter Pistachio?

0002767_high-schools-jon-peters.jpeg

9781946114051.jpg

LisaLT

I just hope we get some payback during football season for the terrible UT sweep we just endured. I'm so glad I decided not to watch that last game. I want to believe that if Feltman was able to go into the 9th inning in the second game, we might have had a chance to get to extra innings, and possibly pull one win off. Just a totally deflating season to say the least.

Pharm Frog

Never heard of him.

And that's precisely the point... I think the original question was:

Has anyone in the history of sports ever come out of HS as highly rated as him and has such crap luck regarding health?

From SI cover to Ag to Blinn to done (a few arm injuries and then rotator cuff finished it I think????). In Peters' case I'm less inclined to think of his issues as "crap luck" as much as it was bad mechanics. I played at Oak Ridge and we were in the same six-team zone with Brenham at that time. Was a 12-team district divided east and west. Our zone was Brenham, A&M Consolidated, Tomball, Waller, and Magnolia. At one point, five of the six teams in the zone were in the Top 10 in the state (4A at the time) but only one could advance to the playoffs. Magnolia was horrid.

Waller had the best pitcher of the bunch but no hitting. Rich Robertson no hit us once and one-hit us once and lost both games. And, I think Brenham's best pitcher was actually a kid named James Nix but Peters got almost all of the attention.

LSU Game Attendee

And that's precisely the point... I think the original question was:

Has anyone in the history of sports ever come out of HS as highly rated as him and has such crap luck regarding health?

From SI cover to Ag to Blinn to done (a few arm injuries and then rotator cuff finished it I think????).

That whole part of the world is still subject to the Aggy curse. Baker has made a commendable effort to flee the curse- hopefully he breaks free next season!

flyfishingfrog

I had a big Aggy booster ask me about it about 2 weeks ago - but to be honest I assumed he had our coaches mixed up and he was talking about Kirk being considered for their open role. I would hope that money would never be a reason for Schloss to leave for two reasons - 1 Jeremiah should be able to make any difference go away and 2 I would hope Schloss has more invested in what he has built here and his legacy than money can buy - at least any difference between what we would offer and MSU would pay.

So to be it would all come down to if Schloss believes that you can't sustain our success anymore - much like if Gary had ever come to the conclusion that you just couldn't win an NC at TCU. Hope we are not at that point with baseball.