• The KillerFrogs

2018 MLB Thread

Ron Swanson

Just saw a stat on sportscenter that the Astros are +173 in run differential through 81 games, which is the 5th highest run differential through that many games in AL history. The other four were all the Yankees back in the 1920’s and 30’s.

FBallFan123

Quote said:
D-backs 3B/1B Kevin Cron, Triple-A Reno: 3-for-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R, BB -- Cron has been Lowe's Triple-A counterpart in the Pacific Coast League as one of the Minors' hottest hitters. Having collected multiple hits in three straight games, the D-backs' No. 19 prospect is 26-for-55 with seven homers, four doubles and 26 RBIs in 14 games since June 21. His .473 average over that span is best among qualified full-season Minor Leaguers while his 1.435 OPS ranks third. (Lowe is at the top with a 1.552 OPS since June 21.) Cron is hitting .316/.366/.593 through 54 games, and with 15 long balls, he's well on his way to his fourth straight season with at least 25 homers. Cron went unprotected and unpicked in the Rule 5 Draft last offseason but is looking very much like a Major League-ready bat. With Paul Goldschmidt entrenched at first base in Arizona, the 25-year-old slugger's best chances might be at third base, and he has the arm for the position. He's played 32 games at the hot corner this season but has made only one start there in his last eight games.

http://clips.milb.com/milb/2018/07/06/44-543245-2018-07-05/web_cut/milb_2238096483_1000K.mp4

Pretty sure the worst sports injury I ever saw live (on TV) was Fernando Tatis snapping his femur stepping on 1st base lunging to beat out an infield single. Or was that Ruben Mateo? I may be getting my promising young Rangers players from 20 years ago mixed up.

I'm thinking they both had significant injuries but Mateo's was the gruesome injury at 1st. I think Tatis had a pretty nasty injury with Stl around 2000 or so. He was injured quite a bit throughout his career.