• The KillerFrogs

2018 MLB Thread

TCURiggs

I'm cool with this. I'm not sure he makes them hard to beat anyway. With his MLB career looming there's no way he pulls any Bakefield fake slide stunts. He's going to protect himself and that will make him even less dangerous.

I hope you're right, but he'll be tricky to defend. They're going to have some wrinkles for his running ability.

Purp

I hope you're right, but he'll be tricky to defend. They're going to have some wrinkles for his running ability.
But his running ability is easier to defend than Bakefield bc it's less improvisational and more schematic. Bake was dead to rights a dozen or more times a game and half of those ended in OU TDs the to TE or some random spare nobody ever heard of. KM won't be doing that. You couldn't spy BM and get away with it. KM can be spied.

TCURiggs

But his running ability is easier to defend than Bakefield bc it's less improvisational and more schematic. Bake was dead to rights a dozen or more times a game and half of those ended in OU TDs the to TE or some random spare nobody ever heard of. KM won't be doing that. You couldn't spy BM and get away with it. KM can be spied.

You ever seen Murray run? He's fast as hell and plenty improvisational. He won't be as good of a passer as Mayfield, but his legs are a huge threat, designed run or not.

I'm obviously not suggesting that he's going to he harder to defend than the Heisman winner, but I am gonna assume he'll be much better than any of their other options, which is why I'd prefer him go to the MLB.

Tom Brown

You ever seen Murray run? He's fast as hell and plenty improvisational. He won't be as good of a passer as Mayfield, but his legs are a huge threat, designed run or not.

I'm obviously not suggesting that he's going to he harder to defend than the Heisman winner, but I am gonna assume he'll be much better than any of their other options, which is why I'd prefer him go to the MLB.

Meh. Aggy transfer.

Purp

It's not Bakefield's running that killed us. It was the passing out of the pocket when he was dead. That's what I don't think KM will be able to do as well and the reason I think he'll be easier to defend. I don't mean to imply that he'll not be a threat with his legs, but that's the type of threat we've bottled up many times before. He may run for 85 yards against us, but all the other yards Bakefield gained on us by extending plays with his legs and then throwing will not be as lethal with KM. That's all I'm trying to say.

flyfishingfrog

Who are you talking about? The tweet you linked was taken down. If it's Cole Winn, it does appear he decommited from MSU and commited to TCU about 6 weeks ago according to the ST.
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article212536364.html
Doesn’t matter where he was committed - he is an example of a kid that was most likely never going to show up at college anyway - from my understanding, going pro was the major driving reason in why he moved to Cali

TX_Krötenechse

The rule of thumb is players aren't taken on day 1 of the draft if they won't sign.

Rarely happens.
Baker is gone. I think he’d have left with pretty much any draft selection that paid reasonably well ... he’s a fantastic college player but no point in risking another major injury.