• The KillerFrogs

2018 Bowl Game TV Guide w/ Spreads

LVH

People are talking about it but I'm not sure how being held up as one-half of a bowl combination that is being used to exemplify futility and ineptitude is a "win." If you were the owner of a business that was being utilized as such an example would that make you proud? At the end of the day, I'll take a win but I find it difficult to appreciate the tone of the publicity our program received as a result of that effort. To each his own I guess.

I don't mind it because what we rolled out there last night was not representative of what our team is. Yes our team didn't do much offensively at full strength in conference play but we had too many guys out or hurt on offense.

Mean Purple

I don't mind it because what we rolled out there last night was not representative of what our team is. Yes our team didn't do much offensively at full strength in conference play but we had too many guys out or hurt on offense.
So much this. Glad the Mule got a win, but he is only 3rd string because a kid has drop foot. Our secondary played lights out. All the dbs in Houston could do tonight was commit PIs.

Purp

I'm not exactly sure who you're talking about as a RB recruit from that class. Snell? 160 pound dude who was mostly injured and then quit the team after a couple of games this year?
That was my point. I was agreeing with you. We didn't have one that class. I know scholarships were tight with a smaller class that year, but he's clearly a guy who can play on the offensive side of the ball.

Purp

Yeah, most of the coverage I've seen has addressed the injury issues because "drop foot" was a big part of the hysterical story that was our bowl game. When you're so far down the depth chart that your 4th QB with drop foot gets some meaningful snaps in a close game I think most observant fans understand your offense isn't likely to be a world beater. When a big part of the story line is that the only two 5th year seniors in the country who played every year for their school and got their first starts within the last two games even casual observers know the offenses aren't going to be amazing. Our running game was impressive and our defense was stout. I've got no shame with this game.

Eight

That was my point. I was agreeing with you. We didn't have one that class. I know scholarships were tight with a smaller class that year, but he's clearly a guy who can play on the offensive side of the ball.

smaller class? frogs signed 23 players in 2017 and that included a group of late additions christian williams, kerry johnson, terrell cooper, and quazzel white.

i seem to recall the ebner recruiting similar to daje' johnson's in that tcu saw him as a safety, kid wanted to play offense, baylor offered him the chance.

big difference being unlike daje' who really never posted big numbers on offense in high school ebner blew up his senior season and had a very big year on the offensive side of the ball for henderson.

additionally ebner played receiver at henderson his senior season and van zandt played running back.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Yeah, most of the coverage I've seen has addressed the injury issues because "drop foot" was a big part of the hysterical story that was our bowl game. When you're so far down the depth chart that your 4th QB with drop foot gets some meaningful snaps in a close game I think most observant fans understand your offense isn't likely to be a world beater. When a big part of the story line is that the only two 5th year seniors in the country who played every year for their school and got their first starts within the last two games even casual observers know the offenses aren't going to be amazing. Our running game was impressive and our defense was stout. I've got no shame with this game.
And the Auburn game is making everyone forget ... wait, what were we talking about again?