• The KillerFrogs

2018-2019 Money Magazine Top Schools

LeagueCityFrog

This is bang for the buck and return on investment. They were not so high on TCU.

http://time.com/money/best-colleges/?news

Average TCU family pays $35,800 per year it says. These current students are one national championship away in football into getting a "bargain" for their education. Wink wink.

Also... Baylor rips down $39,000 per family and SMU gets fairly significantly higher SAT/ACT score kids going there. TCU all the way though.

flyfishingfrog

so based on their brilliant analysis - you are better off going to Aggie or Texas than 80% of the Ivy League?

Thinking there is a serious life time earnings calculation flaw in their theory...

Eight

i don't think i have ever seen a college rating system that had cal-irvine listed as a better school than stanford or m.i.t. understand a big part of this is their perception of value based, but i don't even think those schools are talking to the same group of prospective students.

granted only a place or two ahead, but i am pretty sure i have never seen those schools linked together.

Brog

I just cheered up my academically challenged grandson by telling him there are 747 universities in the country (who knew that?), and worst comes to worst, there's always Philander Smith University in Little Rock (ranked #747) he can probably get in to.

HG73

I just cheered up my academically challenged grandson by telling him there are 747 universities in the country (who knew that?), and worst comes to worst, there's always Philander Smith University in Little Rock (ranked #747) he can probably get in to.
PHILANDERING Smith? Do they have a Title IX office?

Double V

Neither is a Porsche but I wouldn’t complain if one were in my driveway.
Porsche-916.jpg

Deep Purple

There are actually 2,200 four-year colleges and universities in the United States. Throw in two-year colleges, and the number jumps to 3,400. It's by far the largest system of higher education in the world.

It's partly why 3x more foreign students study in the United States than American students who study abroad. Worldwide, one in four students who study abroad do so here. That is more than than the next two most popular study-abroad destinations -- the United Kingdom and China -- combined.

Rex Ringo

SMU gets fairly significantly higher SAT/ACT score kids going there. TCU all the way though.

This is actually something I'm really proud of as a Frog. TCU had the chance to become much more selective and to play the numbers game with test scores. Test scores have still been on the rise, but the university instead made a conscious effort to bring in more students from low-income communities (that have traditionally lower test scores), more first-generation students, and more students who have solid grades and great resumes but maybe aren't the best test-takers. I think that speaks to the TCU way of doing thins.