• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

i don't actually know when this thing got played, but 3 goals by the 2 teams in the last few minutes with a direct kick at the end deciding it for bvb

This morning. I won’t ruin the final score for you.

I love the Bundesliga. I think it used to average the most goals per match of the big European leagues but I don’t know if that is still holding true or not.

Eight

This morning. I won’t ruin the final score for you.

I love the Bundesliga. I think it used to average the most goals per match of the big European leagues but I don’t know if that is still holding true or not.

appreciate it, but saw the end and am watching replay of f1 qualifying from japan

i am too lazy to look it up but bvb has scored a number of goals after 80 minutes in the matches i have watched this year, but seem to have a bad habit of giving up a few as well.

Chongo94

appreciate it, but saw the end and am watching replay of f1 qualifying from japan

i am too lazy to look it up but bvb has scored a number of goals after 80 minutes in the matches i have watched this year, but seem to have a bad habit of giving up a few as well.

Might thoughts too and honestly, about a number of teams in that league. It’s as if they just decide to do without defense for the last 10 minutes of every game.

Eight

they look to be better defensively than last year though i am not sure how they could have gotten worse. still not sure they can hang with a focused bayern

bvb has definitely added enough depth to compete for the league and cup competitions which seems to be what separate squads today

Chongo94

Man United scores 3 goals after the 70th minute, the winner in the 90th, to come back from down 2-0 against Newcastle.

Rumors before the game were Mourinho was to be sacked following the game, win or lose. Should be an interesting post game press conference.

Moose Stuff

Not European related but 16 year old George Bello scored his first MLS goal for Atlanta last night. Nigerian born kid but grew up in US. Another very exciting young USMNT prospect worth watching if you get a chance.

hiphopfroggy

I bet Zidane will be announced as the next MU manager at some point. The question is when.

Liverpool vs Man City in an hour. Good stuff.

My buddy is a Man U Fan so I read up on the situation recently. Article I found said that Zidane wants to improve his english and is trepidatious to take over mid season. Was also saying his dream would actually be to coach Juve, but that isn't going to happen unless Allegri implodes, so not happening.

Conclusion: Man U next season.

Eight

there are nil-nil games which feature some offense, some great saves, some near chances, and......................................there was this game.

Rose Bowl

Good win by Chelsea today. Plenty of progress still to be made but Hazard was a beast and the side is dangerous.

Great win by Gladbach yesterday over Bayern. Up to second in the table.

Chongo94

Good win by Chelsea today. Plenty of progress still to be made but Hazard was a beast and the side is dangerous.

Great win by Gladbach yesterday over Bayern. Up to second in the table.

Recorded and watched that Gladbach game yesterday. Highly enjoyable.

dawg

Sinc the Euro leagues are on an international break, I thought I’d leave this here. Looks like Columbus managed to Save the Crew. Jimmy Haslem (the Browns owner) and a local investor group will buy the club and keep the pjayers, colors, history, and all that stuff in Columbus. Precourt will be granted an expansion franchise for Austin, slated for play no later than 2021.

Precourt always seemed like a Brilesbag who wanted to own a club in Austin but avoid buying an (currently massive) MLS expansion license. His complaint and reason for wanting to move was the stadium was old and Columbus wouldn’t build him a new one. His plan? Build a stadium with his own money in Austin, which begged the question why we wouldn’t build one where in the club’s current city.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...ners-emerge-potential-buyers-columbus-crew-sc

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league- soccer/story/3667908/cleveland-browns-owners-in-negotiations-with-mls-to-buy-columbus-crew-sc

Chongo94

Sinc the Euro leagues are on an international break, I thought I’d leave this here. Looks like Columbus managed to Save the Crew. Jimmy Haslem (the Browns owner) and a local investor group will buy the club and keep the pjayers, colors, history, and all that stuff in Columbus. Precourt will be granted an expansion franchise for Austin, slated for play no later than 2021.

Precourt always seemed like a Brilesbag who wanted to own a club in Austin but avoid buying an (currently massive) MLS expansion license. His complaint and reason for wanting to move was the stadium was old and Columbus wouldn’t build him a new one. His plan? Build a stadium with his own money in Austin, which begged the question why we wouldn’t build one where in the club’s current city.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...ners-emerge-potential-buyers-columbus-crew-sc

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league- soccer/story/3667908/cleveland-browns-owners-in-negotiations-with-mls-to-buy-columbus-crew-sc

Wonder what this does for the whole expansion list? I mean Austin wasn’t on the list, that’s for sure. So does some other potential team get cut now?

Agreed, Precourt seems like a total Brilesbag. Columbus fans aren’t far behind though...well really all fans in Ohio ha.