• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Bowl Projections are coming in...

Big Frog II

The Cheeze-It Bowl would be great if not on the 26th. That is a terrible day for a bowl unless it's within a few hours driving. Liberty Bowl on the 31st is fine, Texas Bowl on the 27th is okay. It is a shame the "playoffs" have moved so many of these bowls to less than desirable dates.

Purp

Mandel with the Athletic has us in Houston. FWIW I would consider him the most reputable predictor of these things assuming OU goes to the playoff
Thus far I think you're right. Most of the bowl projections that have us anywhere but Liberty and Texas seem like they're just looking at standings and bowl priority and plugging in what they see. It also seems like they all assume OU won't make the playoff or forget that the Sugar is obligated to take Texas if that happens. I just don't understand why these people, whose job it is to know stuff like this, can't seem to do projections with even the slightest amount of effort to do well.

Unless a poster earlier in another thread is right and the Texas Bowl has preordained the Pokes to represent the B12 there I see us in Houston. Otherwise, I think it's Memphis and I really don't see how anyone else could think otherwise. They'd really have to think bowls who pick first would expect Baylor to travel better than us and those clowns couldn't even put more people in the Cotton Bowl 100 miles away from campus than a fan base from the opposite end of the country.

I've never put much stock in these projections before, but there only seem to be 2 or 3 that are even remotely thoughtful when it comes to the last half of the bowl game list.

TCUdirtbag

Worth noting again that while any of the bowls being discussed can pick OSU over TCU or Baylor, I understand it would be unprecedented in the new Big 12 era to pick a team with a identical overall records but a worse league record (3-6 OSU) over available teams with better league records (4-5 TCU sand BU).

dawg

Bowl projections after Week 13 https://es.pn/2PR85d8
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

ESPN finally chimes in. They have two people who make projections. One has us at The Carter against Temple, and the other has us in the Cheez-it against Boise.

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas
Dec. 22, 3:30 p.m.

Sherman: TCU vs. Temple

Cheez-It Bowl
Chase Field, Phoenix
Dec. 26, 9 p.m.

Bonagura: Boise State vs. TCU

I think ESPN's Texas Bowl predictions wind up being wrong. One of them has Okie St vs aggy. There is NO WAY the secsecsec office would let aggy anywhere near The Mullet and a Pokes team that beat two top ten opponents and (usually) performs well in mid/low tier bowl games. aggy crapped down the leg when handed a supposed "gimmie" against the Purple Wizard a few years ago; the secsecsec will hand aggy an ACC basketball school and hope aggy doesn't go full aggy again.

I also can't see Houston passing on us for the Rapists. But who knows...I'm hopeful for Liberty or Texas vs secsecsec opponent.

MTfrog5

I think ESPN's Texas Bowl predictions wind up being wrong. One of them has Okie St vs aggy. There is NO WAY the secsecsec office would let aggy anywhere near The Mullet and a Pokes team that beat two top ten opponents and (usually) performs well in mid/low tier bowl games. aggy crapped down the leg when handed a supposed "gimmie" against the Purple Wizard a few years ago; the secsecsec will hand aggy an ACC basketball school and hope aggy doesn't go full aggy again.

I also can't see Houston passing on us for the Rapists. But who knows...I'm hopeful for Liberty or Texas vs secsecsec opponent.
I would love Pokes vs Aggies. A&M secondary is terrible

Assuming that the NY6 takes UT and OU (likely) and the Alamo & Camping World take WV and ISU it’s basically up to the Texas and Liberty bowl as to who they want out of the two TX private schools and OSU.

If only one team goes NY6, shift it to Liberty and CheezIt.

Farmfrog

I would love it to be Phoenix except for the date. I really want an opponent that we can beat handily but I’m probably not like everybody.

Horny4TCU

I would hate to play a SEC team that isn't Vandy or South Carolina. We really need to have a guaranteed win over the SEC, just to boost the players and keep the momentum going into next year.

Granted, unless Cumbie (or whomever is calling the offense) keeps throwing wrinkles, we won't win any bowl game, period.

The team needs to show up, and start 2019 strong. Climb Higher!!! Start it now.

Wexahu

The Cheeze-It Bowl would be great if not on the 26th. That is a terrible day for a bowl unless it's within a few hours driving. Liberty Bowl on the 31st is fine, Texas Bowl on the 27th is okay. It is a shame the "playoffs" have moved so many of these bowls to less than desirable dates.

The “playoffs” have nothing to do with games being played on all these undesirable dates. That long predates the playoffs. If you want every game on national tv and each game to have its own relative time slot, you can’t have 40 games being played on New Years Day or the Saturday before. Would you rather the Cheez-It Bowl be played on New Years Day and get literally zero coverage or eyeballs or play it on Dec 26 and kind of have it be the game of the day?

Moose Stuff

I would hate to play a SEC team that isn't Vandy or South Carolina. We really need to have a guaranteed win over the SEC, just to boost the players and keep the momentum going into next year.

Granted, unless Cumbie (or whomever is calling the offense) keeps throwing wrinkles, we won't win any bowl game, period.

The team needs to show up, and start 2019 strong. Climb Higher!!! Start it now.

SMH