• The KillerFrogs

2017 TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

frognutz

This comment is absolutely moronic and has zero basis other than your apparent inability to comprehend a real problem.

Real TCU fans want to have season tickets through TCU. They want to accumulate their own priority points and have ownership of their seat. They shouldn’t be expected to buy their tickets every week on stubhub.

Obtaining season tickets has never been the problem. The problem is that a majority of the premium seats are bought up solely for the purpose of reselling on StubHub before the real TCU fan even has access to them.

There are many real TCU fans that don't have or want season tickets and have no interest in playing the priority points game. Doesn't make them any less of a fan than those that choose that route.

You'll be able to buy a great seat to any home game this year a day before the game at or below face value. At least 2 games will be way below face value.

The market isn't that great. I'm selling my 303 seats basically cost for 4 seats. Otherwise I will sell the entire set on StubHub for less than any other ticket price, probably $500 each. $400 to frog fans

Other than the absolute best seats unless you get lucky I doubt it's worth the effort. Lower chairback and club are different though. Supply is so limited they go for a lot.

GF I did the same for the last 3 years but they cancelled this year.
Even if you take a bit of a loss, you're still getting Priority Points and a small tax break. Hopefully offsets the loss to some degree. Good luck finding a buyer.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
One would think the hoards of "real TCU fans" would try to buy them on stubhub as well, since they could not get season tickets due to all of the squatters.

Maybe TCU shouldn't have +4'd all those formerly loyal fans out of the middle of the Stadium. Due to the shortsighted strategy, what used to be Section Victory is now Enemy Territory. Maybe those fans bought season tickets again, only far out in the hinterlands beyond the 20s where their "loyalty" was deemed sufficient. Hell, maybe some of those fans threw up their hands and said, "Screw it, Mabel! I'm not going back!" Maybe the very idea of scalping tickets to your own damned Stadium is an irrational thought.

Oh, and it's 'hordes' of fans. 'Hoards' would be great amounts of money or valuable things.

YA

The problem is that a majority of the premium seats are bought up solely for the purpose of reselling on StubHub before the real TCU fan even has access to them.
That is not even close to being true. Don't exaggerate to make a point.

cdsfrog

Yeah that seems like BS to me. Rarely any of the couple thousand club seats are sold all year. Not that many lower chairback either.

Tons of 233 to 235 seats are sold though

Big Frog II

Obtaining season tickets has never been the problem. The problem is that a majority of the premium seats are bought up solely for the purpose of reselling on StubHub before the real TCU fan even has access to them.[/QUOTE]

The majority of premium seats are bought up for resell??? What are you drinking?

dkfrog

A die hard fan who stops buying season tickets and going to games because they are priced out of or reseated out of prime seats into other (still fine) seats doesn't sound like much if a die hard fan to me (by definition).

tcumaniac

That is not even close to being true. Don't exaggerate to make a point.

Obtaining season tickets has never been the problem. The problem is that a majority of the premium seats are bought up solely for the purpose of reselling on StubHub before the real TCU fan even has access to them.

The majority of premium seats are bought up for resell??? What are you drinking?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that seems like BS to me. Rarely any of the couple thousand club seats are sold all year. Not that many lower chairback either.

Tons of 233 to 235 seats are sold though

By premium, I meant premium East Side seats. TONS of club seat owners also own seats on the East side between the 30s in the first 20 or so rows JUST FOR SELLING ONLY.

This is what I'm talking about. This is a HUGE part of the problem.

Paradoxotaur

By premium, I meant premium East Side seats. TONS of club seat owners also own seats on the East side between the 30s in the first 20 or so rows JUST FOR SELLING ONLY.

This is what I'm talking about. This is a HUGE part of the problem.

I would love to see your data on this point that you keep making.

tcumaniac

A die hard fan who stops buying season tickets and going to games because they are priced out of or reseated out of prime seats into other (still fine) seats doesn't sound like much if a die hard fan to me (by definition).

It'd be one thing if they were "priced out" and moved aside from their prior location for their old seats to be occupied by other Frogs.

That is NOT the case. People lost their seats to stubhub sellers, which then get occupied by opposing fans. This would piss any reasonable person off. Even die hards.

tcumaniac

I would love to see your data on this point that you keep making.

I know a ton of darning people that brag about doing it. Get on stubhub and look. Look at the people sitting in these seats during a game. Pay attention to how many people aren't cheering for the Frogs.

And then apply some common sense logic: People that had the easiest access to those seats were coicidentally people with enough priority points to also buy club seats. Club seats didn't count towards a person's total ticket allotment. What did many smart, business savy people do? They bought club seats to sit in, and then bought premium seats elsewhere just to resale and make money on (oh and get priority points for too). I don't blame them for doing this one bit. I blame TCU for putting a system like this in place.

Dogfrog

I know a ton of darning people that brag about doing it. Get on stubhub and look. Look at the people sitting in these seats during a game. Pay attention to how many people aren't cheering for the Frogs.

And then apply some common sense logic: People that had the easiest access to those seats were coicidentally people with enough priority points to also buy club seats. Club seats didn't count towards a person's total ticket allotment. What did many smart, business savy people do? They bought club seats to sit in, and then bought premium seats elsewhere just to resale and make money on (oh and get priority points for too). I don't blame them for doing this one bit. I blame TCU for putting a system like this in place.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the club tickets were first sold, weren't the buyers allowed to hang on to the same number of non-club seats they had before - plus four - in addition to the new club seats? I don't recall there being limits. The justification at the time was that if someone made the serious investment in club seats then decided later they didn't like them, this allowed them to have non-club seats to return to. Consider years ago in the bad days there was a "committee of 100" ticket sales promotion. Many large donors and companies stepped up and committed to buy dozens if not hundreds of season tickets each season. I look at the empty seats and stubhub activity and wonder if there is a connection.

Bob Sugar

I'll try to break it down for you:

The people who scooped up the "premium seats," did so before "real TCU fans" could. How? They had high priority points when the stadium was reshuffled in 2013. Ok, how did they have high priority points? By spending thousands and thousands of dollars on TCU athletics well before the Big East and Big 12 moves were announce. But how could they afford to do that? They have the money to do so. Yet, according to you, they decided to buy four extra seats on the East side 50 yard line in the first couple of rows hoping to make a couple extra hundred bucks a year?

giphy.gif

tcumaniac

The people who scooped up the "premium seats," did so before "real TCU fans" could. How? They had high priority points when the stadium was reshuffled in 2013. Ok, how did they have high priority points? By spending thousands and thousands of dollars on TCU athletics well before the Big East and Big 12 moves were announce. But how could they afford to do that? They have the money to do so. Yet, according to you, they decided to buy four extra seats on the East side 50 yard line in the first couple of rows hoping to make a couple extra hundred bucks a year?

giphy.gif

I don't know who you are, or what your standing is, but you live in a fantasy world that is completely out of touch with reality.

People high up on the priority list and that have club seats ARE NOT in that position bc they are all blindly rich with an endless supply of money. Most of those people are at their level of financial success because they are smart, savvy, entrepreneurial, and very good managers of their money. These same sophisticated people don't simply pass up an easy opportunity to accumulate more priority points and make back their cost of club seats.

To sit here and try to argue with me that this isn't happening is just plain ignorance on your part. It's happening.

The argument should be whether or not TCU should be stepping in to some how address this issue.

tcumaniac

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the club tickets were first sold, weren't the buyers allowed to hang on to the same number of non-club seats they had before - plus four - in addition to the new club seats? I don't recall there being limits. The justification at the time was that if someone made the serious investment in club seats then decided later they didn't like them, this allowed them to have non-club seats to return to. Consider years ago in the bad days there was a "committee of 100" ticket sales promotion. Many large donors and companies stepped up and committed to buy dozens if not hundreds of season tickets each season. I look at the empty seats and stubhub activity and wonder if there is a connection.

Yes. This is exactly what happened.

Bob Sugar

I don't know who you are, or what your standing is, but you live in a fantasy world that is completely out of touch with reality.

People high up on the priority list and that have club seats ARE NOT in that position bc they are all blindly rich with an endless supply of money. Most of those people are at their level of financial success because they are smart, savvy, entrepreneurial, and very good managers of their money. These same sophisticated people don't simply pass up an easy opportunity to accumulate more priority points and make back their cost of club seats.

To sit here and try to argue with me that this isn't happening is just plain ignorance on your part. It's happening.

The argument should be whether or not TCU should be stepping in to some how address this issue.
Ok Bernie. We get it.
giphy.gif

You still seem to miss the point is that those people spent thousands of dollars on TCU during the MWC when other would not. Hence the high priority points. But you don't like what they do with their money. Instead of buying those tickets yourself to cure the problem, you advocate for TCU to step in, tell the people who have donated way more than you to give up their seats so that you can have them. Heck, I didn't even go to TCU, yet based on my rank, I have donated more than you and I have only had tickets for two years. I am sure it helps that I have football and hoops tickets, but not great seats for either. This year, I am trying the Touchdown Club. Would I like better seats? Of course, same as every one. Do I think TCU should drop the hammer on the fans who have spent the most on TCU? Absolutely not. I will keep buying my tickets and parking and try to improve my seats each year through the upgrade system.

frognutz

giphy.gif

Exactly.

These "villains" are the same people/businesses that were hounded by TCU Athletics for decades to buy as many tickets as they could afford and just give them away if they had to in order to get people in the stands because we (TCU) couldn't sell them to anyone else.

As late as 8-10 years ago you could walk up to practically any tailgate and if you even remotely knew someone that knew someone there were plenty of free tickets to every single game because of this practice.

Sick and tired of this good 'ole day, pre-secondary internet market, and emotional argument from people that didn't get to keep "their seat" when the new stadium was built. It's done with and, as have many have pointed out, there are thousands of great seats available every Saturday for anyone who wants them.

TCU is going to (and needs to) do what they need to do to finance a competitive athletic program in the Big 12.

Last edited: