• The KillerFrogs

2017 TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

Volare

What rows are considered "shade seats"?

I used to get to games an hour+ before kickoff to get seats here for the littles, so I feel pretty confident in answering this question. Like ATO said, it depends on the time of the year. There is less shade in September than November, and there is more shade in both cases for the morning games than for the afternoon games. For an early season mid-day game, you are looking at the top 4 rows. Later in the season (when it's not as critical due to lower temps) you can get away with several more rows downward.

Now if we are talking rain, the top 2 rows will keep you dry, while the third row is mostly dry. Anything beyond that is iffy.

Gotta wonder what kind of "donation" upcharge could be coerced if a shade structure could be built in other areas of the stadium.

P.S. Thanks to ATO for the "call em up hint" regarding the top row of the SEZ. Was able to secure seating for the littles in the shade using this technique.

Last edited:

Big Frog II

I got EXTREMELY lucky today.

I started right on time today and put the seats I wanted on hold. Then I had to take a call for work and got distracted, and ended up not checking out in time. This logged me out and caused me to lose my seats on hold.

Then I logged back in and put different seats on hold, but got called into a meeting before I could check out.

By the time I came back, there were only seconds left, and it booted me out again! I was SOOO PISSED.

So I log back in a 3rd time, trying to get back the seats I had on hold in 232 on Row M. I accidentally clicked on the lower part of 234 (which showed red) and right after clicking, I literally watch seats become available in 234, row J in the exact amount I needed, which I then snagged right up.

Spark Notes:

I upgraded from 233, Row HH to 234, Row J !!!

VERY pleased with my upgrade today.
You shouldn't let work get in the way of TCU sports.

mc1502

I started right on time today and put the seats I wanted on hold. Then I had to take a call for work and got distracted, and ended up not checking out in time. This logged me out and caused me to lose my seats on hold.

Then I logged back in and put different seats on hold, but got called into a meeting before I could check out.

By the time I came back, there were only seconds left, and it booted me out again! I was SOOO PISSED.

So I log back in a 3rd time, trying to get back the seats I had on hold in 232 on Row M. I accidentally clicked on the lower part of 234 (which showed red) and right after clicking, I literally watch seats become available in 234, row J in the exact amount I needed, which I then snagged right up.

Spark Notes:

Mr. TCU? Right..... No real TCU fan puts work over their season tickets. I'm disappointed.

DaCrief

You won't be able to add seats during this selection process. Only upgrade your current 2 seats.

And yes. What you see now is the current availabilty in real time. I'm sure if you logged in right now, you'd see some seats in purple, meaning people had those on hold.

Nah i think you're wrong on this one, man. I spoke to the ticket office about this

Edit: Damnit. You're right. I was lied to (i misunderstood). But apparently i can make it happen when my name comes up in the wait list.

Last edited:

atofrog

Contributor
Please allow me to help clarify the "upgrade" and "wait list/new sales" options.

Upgrade - currently going on now. Only available to returning season ticket holders that renewed their tickets and/or parking for the 2017 season. They can upgrade/change their current tickets and parking quantities only. No additional tickets or parking may be purchased or added on to the account during the upgrade process.

Wait List/New Sales - will begin in mid-May and this is when you can add more tickets/parking or buy for the first tme. This is a completely separate process from the upgrades. However, if you have currently 4 seats and need 6 together, you will be able to move your pre-existing 4 at the same time you select 2 new seats. Or you can leave the previous 4 in current location and buy 2 new seats in a completely new area. Similar to the upgrade process, you will receive an email with a designated time and date to select tickets/parking based on your priority points rank.

Hopefully this helps answer the question as to what can be done during both time periods.

Go Frogs!

frognutz

Spark Notes:

Yeah, that was really really lucky. I'm in 234 X. I picked Friday and was watching 234 all week and there was nothing open in that area past Wednesday. Hard to believe someone wanted out of those seats for what is currently available.

Purp

Please allow me to help clarify the "upgrade" and "wait list/new sales" options.

Upgrade - currently going on now. Only available to returning season ticket holders that renewed their tickets and/or parking for the 2017 season. They can upgrade/change their current tickets and parking quantities only. No additional tickets or parking may be purchased or added on to the account during the upgrade process.

Wait List/New Sales - will begin in mid-May and this is when you can add more tickets/parking or buy for the first tme. This is a completely separate process from the upgrades. However, if you have currently 4 seats and need 6 together, you will be able to move your pre-existing 4 at the same time you select 2 new seats. Or you can leave the previous 4 in current location and buy 2 new seats in a completely new area. Similar to the upgrade process, you will receive an email with a designated time and date to select tickets/parking based on your priority points rank.

Hopefully this helps answer the question as to what can be done during both time periods.

Go Frogs!
Two questions...

1) When will the e-mail go out for additional seat selections? I'm adding one for my son (he's no longer under the age threshold to get in free) and want to ready myself now.
2) When I switched my parking spot from Lot 4 to Lot 14 the price went down, but I'd already paid for the parking. How does the credit to my account happen? Do you put the difference back on the card I used to pay or will it stay on my account for use on future purchases?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Two questions...

1) When will the e-mail go out for additional seat selections? I'm adding one for my son (he's no longer under the age threshold to get in free) and want to ready myself now.
2) When I switched my parking spot from Lot 4 to Lot 14 the price went down, but I'd already paid for the parking. How does the credit to my account happen? Do you put the difference back on the card I used to pay or will it stay on my account for use on future purchases?
TCU gives back money?

TCUdirtbag

Yeah, maniac is a good example of a point I've made before--the "upgrade" process is all about luck.

I've been stuck in 235 low double letters for 2 years and upgraded last Wednesday. Was able to move down some but maniac has a lower row and is in a slightly better section. His account is way behind mine. But the upgrade process is all about who drops or moves and who doesn't from year to year. Congrats on the good seats maniac - it's good to know those prime seats will be filled with purple every week. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and get those armchairs further down 234 - the holy grail.

One thing to keep in mind is more priority points typically equals more loyalty (in terms of always renewing). So the better your rank the less likely anyone in front of you is moving. With post-2012-reseating adjustments, there are some good seats pretty far back in the priority points line because their recent owners dont give any other money, buy parking, or buy other season tickets, but had higher rankings in 2012 that are now getting priced out or worn out and dropping. This is allowing folks further back the PP order to luck into excellent seats as they come available, days after folks with higher ranks were unable to pick up such good seats.

The process is really structured as fairly as it can be. But I hope folks like maniac realize they have been able to skip ahead to better seats than a lot of folks with more points due to dumb luck. Something worth keeping in mind next time you complain about "people with more points" or the seating process generally. Sometimes the system glitches benefit the lower ranked.

Dogfrog

Yeah, maniac is a good example of a point I've made before--the "upgrade" process is all about luck.

I've been stuck in 235 low double letters for 2 years and upgraded last Wednesday. Was able to move down some but maniac has a lower row and is in a slightly better section. His account is way behind mine. But the upgrade process is all about who drops or moves and who doesn't from year to year. Congrats on the good seats maniac - it's good to know those prime seats will be filled with purple every week. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and get those armchairs further down 234 - the holy grail.

One thing to keep in mind is more priority points typically equals more loyalty (in terms of always renewing). So the better your rank the less likely anyone in front of you is moving. With post-2012-reseating adjustments, there are some good seats pretty far back in the priority points line because their recent owners dont give any other money, buy parking, or buy other season tickets, but had higher rankings in 2012 that are now getting priced out or worn out and dropping. This is allowing folks further back the PP order to luck into excellent seats as they come available, days after folks with higher ranks were unable to pick up such good seats.

The process is really structured as fairly as it can be. But I hope folks like maniac realize they have been able to skip ahead to better seats than a lot of folks with more points due to dumb luck. Something worth keeping in mind next time you complain about "people with more points" or the seating process generally. Sometimes the system glitches benefit the lower ranked.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comments but the folks who vacated maniac's new seats had renewed, did not drop, and had to give them up for other seats at this point in the process. What I don't get is where did they move that was an upgrade from lower 234 at this late date? Were they next in line for club?

atofrog

Contributor
Two questions...

The wait list will begin on Monday, May 15. I would expect emails to be sent on Friday the 12th.

The refund on your parking donation change will be credited back to the card used for original purchase. This is done the next business day after you made the switch. Please call the ticket office if you don't see the refund.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!

atofrog

Contributor
I'm sure there are any number of valid reasons why some "better" seats become available later rather than earlier in the process. What is shown at the beginning is anything that was straight up not renewed. As the process continues, some seats will open later as fans

1. Move to the SEZ (which is what I believe will start happening more frequently this week as people consolidate their group into one location now that this is a new reserved area)
2. Find seats next to a friend
3. Finally get seats that were previously in separate sections together
4. Combination of all factors above

The process is both good and bad as fans see exactly what is available but must ask themselves if it is worth jumping at first option or waiting to see if anything better comes along knowing they might end up with nothing different if they wait too late.

But I do agree, this is the most fair and transparent way for all involved.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!

frognutz

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comments but the folks who vacated maniac's new seats had renewed, did not drop, and had to give them up for other seats at this point in the process. What I don't get is where did they move that was an upgrade from lower 234 at this late date? Were they next in line for club?

Bright side to Maniac's golden horseshoe that he has stuck up his [Art Briles] is that we never have to listen to him witching about the TCU seating policies again.

SnoSki

Ok, so I went through the upgrade process but decided to stick with my original seats. Do I need to submit any additional payment? The screen it took me to seems to indicate that I need to pay a $20 application fee???