• The KillerFrogs

2017 Signing Day thread

Nick Danger

You know, there's no better validation as to the quality of TCU's recruiting class yesterday than the response (or lack of one) from the Baylor message board.

No doubt, their fans were trolling our board all day yesterday, trying to gauge our response to our haul and if they thought we had done poorly, there would be an avalanche of posts of their typical anti-TCU snark lampooning our class but they haven't mentioned it at all. They must be very disappointed!

Frog-in-law1995

Nick Danger said:
You know, there's no better validation as to the quality of TCU's recruiting class yesterday than the response (or lack of one) from the Baylor message board.

No doubt, their fans were trolling our board all day yesterday, trying to gauge our response to our haul and if they thought we had done poorly, there would be an avalanche of posts of their typical anti-TCU snark lampooning our class but they haven't mentioned it at all. They must be very disappointed!
They may be too worried about not having a football team next year to care about anything else right now.

FrogCop19

Nick Danger said:

They actually had a very short thread making fun of Gary's press conference where he said he was happy with a low-ranking class. He said it reminded him of the years that we won our Rose Bowl, but all they wanted to say is how fat he was and that he was an idiot for being happy with a low rank class.

Moose Stuff

FrogCop19 said:
They actually had a very short thread making fun of Gary's press conference where he said he was happy with a low-ranking class. He said it reminded him of the years that we won our Rose Bowl, but all they wanted to say is how fat he was and that he was an idiot for being happy with a low rank class.
It's cute that they still haven't realized that they'll never be relevant again.

Ron Swanson

Moose Stuff said:
It's cute that they still haven't realized that they'll never be relevant again.
I do think they made a strong hire, given what they were working with, and he's a perfect fit for their dorky culture, but he definitely has a huge hill to climb... depending on what happens, maybe an an impossible hill

Pharm Frog

Moose Stuff said:

I don't know about that. I was just talking to some of the management profs this morning about working up an integrative capstone management case study about the situation "down south of here". The Baylor story has implications for almost every discipline of business curriculum: management (poor), marketing (white women, hashtags, t-shirts), business ethics (absent), economics (gotta win to move that curve), management information systems (text messaging), human resource management (too much to list), insurance and risk management (or not), legal environment of business (self-evident), operations and supply chain management (how to operationalize cover-up and procurement of inputs that run fast and rape faster), finance (capital investments that are looking rather dubious now), and accounting (mainly the debit side).

Might be nice to work this up and see if HBS might want to publish. In that way Baylor will be relevant across college campuses for decades. You might think I'm kidding...but I'm not. We did speak about this earlier today and there was enthusiasm based on the sports angle (which seems to intrigue a lot of otherwise disinterested students) and the tax-exempt organizational status because there's not nearly as much in that arena. Profs need to publish and publishing case studies count.

Atomic Frawg

RollToad said:
They're trying to figure out how to stay out of it.

This made me laugh...right up until I read that you're right.:

"Stuart Brown, an Atlanta-based attorney who works in NCAA-related matters, said he didn't think the NCAA would investigate how the school responded to allegations of sexual assault, and it might not seek to impose penalties for moral issues, like it did in the Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State. He said he believes the NCAA would focus more on recruiting violations, coaches' actions and whether the school altered its conduct code or academic standards for players."

TCURiggs

Atomic Frawg said:

This made me laugh...right up until I read that you're right.:

"Stuart Brown, an Atlanta-based attorney who works in NCAA-related matters, said he didn't think the NCAA would investigate how the school responded to allegations of sexual assault, and it might not seek to impose penalties for moral issues, like it did in the Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State. He said he believes the NCAA would focus more on recruiting violations, coaches' actions and whether the school altered its conduct code or academic standards for players."

I'm not 100% sold that they're going to do anything, but it seems that there's certainly examples of "coaches' actions and whether the school altered its conduct code."

MTfrog5

TCURiggs said:

I'm not 100% sold that they're going to do anything, but it seems that there's certainly examples of "coaches' actions and whether the school altered its conduct code."
Which is what all of us have been saying for two years. NCAA is a joke

Ray Finkle

There were also recruiting violations. I've heard this from people close to our staff and even from a former Aggie coach in regards to the recruitment of KD Cannon. Dead period violations and funneling money through a high school coach were a couple of things I heard.

Double V

RollToad said:
You can always look at the menu as long as you're eating at home.
Sure, but it usually takes more than a couple months for you to finish your main course and start looking at the desserts.

Also, the whole world knows who tcumaniac is in real life...presumably even his new bride. That's a dangerous game ;)

Latest posts