• The KillerFrogs

2017 Recruiting Thread

netty2424

Looks like ebner is starting out as a RB at rape u.

Could have been a great DB here, but wanted to go be a wr in Waco, now he is at RB. Feel bad for the kid, but if you choose Baylor, then good riddance
BUT............he'll play this year.

While playing for the laughing stock of the conference, in front of a half full stadium, in his 3rd position option. Have fun kid. Solid choice.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
BUT............he'll play this year.

While playing for the laughing stock of the conference, in front of a half full stadium, in his 3rd position option. Have fun kid. Solid choice.
Actually I think that stadium will be quite full of rape lovers. Man, do they love rape...

Moose Stuff

And we now know the eval of him as a WR was incorrect, may never know about the DB eval.

If you're talking about his evaluation of himself as a WR then yes, that appears to be incorrect. We have no idea however about the eval of the Baylor staff as what they told him and what they actually believed may well be 2 different things.

Lone Frog

I couldn't really care less about some backup player for Baylor, but it seems like defense would be 10x more fun to play than offense. Generally though, more kids want to play offense. It's odd to me.
On offense, you score touchdowns. I think that's pretty much the sum of the reasoning.

froginmn

On TCU's historically good defenses, you score touchdowns too.

drbopicksix.0.0.gif

Wexahu

But on defense you get to hit people

Exactly.

And playing wide receiver, unless you're one of the top targets, you're gonna do an awful lot of running around, blocking, and substituting on and off the field for the chance to maybe touch the ball a few times a game, and score maybe a handful of touchdowns all season long if you are lucky.

Casey T

Casual fans and campus girls know the offensive stars. Bigger spotlight. Not the same with defense. On offense if you drop a pass, you go back and run a new play. On defense if a corner gives up a pass in man coverage, you could give up a touchdown and lose the game.

Why is their discussion about this kid. TCU wanted him as a db. Baylor promised this kid he could be a WR and start. TCU didn't want the kid if he wasn't coming in as a db. Case closed, he went to Baylor to start right away and be their star because they were thin at all positions. Baylor lied as most schools do with their promises to recruits just to get them in. Football is a business and nobody cares less about the students than 'win at all costs' teams like Baylor. SEC tactic Baylor learned. Get the meat in and if they are not good enough make them so uncomfortable they leave to free up another spot. Saban is the king of this tactic or he just tells them no more scholarship for you the next 5 star is right behind you and Bama needs the spot. Overscholarships is another piece of this. Nothing is written because like Baylor all these SEC schools are in the middle of nowhere and they control the area. Or for the SEC they are the untouchable flagship university.