• The KillerFrogs

2017 NCAA Baseball Tournament Projection: 5/23

For those that don't want to dig into the baseball thread, here is where D1 Baseball (best college baseball writers) has things as of today:

National Seeds:
1. Oregon St
2. North Carolina
3. Texas Tech
4. Florida
5. Louisville
6. LSU
7. TCU
8. Stanford

In the TCU regional, we've got:

Team (RPI) (ELO Chess Ranking)
1. TCU (6) (11)
4. Marist (135) (189)
3. Louisiana Tech (38) (44)
2. Houston (24) (32)

Opposite of TCU in the bracket is the Arkansas regional... Arkansas is 14th in RPI, the #2 in that regional is Missouri State, the #22 RPI team.

If you tell me we have to get through Houston and Arkansas on the way to Omaha, I'm not thanking you. That's a tough road.

Casey T

For those curious, the playoff bracket and national seeds are supposed to be announced on Monday May 29th. So only 6 days away...

Purp

UH did lose their ace last month so they aren't quite the team they were earlier this year.
I honestly think that's bad news for us. For some reason we've hit aces better than weak arms this season. If UH replaced its ace with a lefty throwing between a 3/4 and side-arm angle who tops out at 84 on the gun I'd probably lose a little sleep. Those are the guys that have given us fits all year.

GoFrog Yourself

I honestly think that's bad news for us. For some reason we've hit aces better than weak arms this season. If UH replaced its ace with a lefty throwing between a 3/4 and side-arm angle who tops out at 84 on the gun I'd probably lose a little sleep. Those are the guys that have given us fits all year.
There ace was a lefty as it turns out so better for us (probably) that he's off the team. But either way they tied for the AAC crown which is the highest RPI non-P5 league, so not to be taken lightly

flyfishingfrog

Maybe lately but we went through 2/3rd's of the season without scoring runs before the starter got pulled and the bullpen came in

It really was until UT that we started hitting top pitching and even then it was spotty after game OU

I think facing one less lefty that throws hard and forcing UH to use their #2 in game 1 against someone else is a huge benefit

Last edited:

f_399

Maybe lately but we went through 2/3 TD's of the season without scoring runs before the starter got pulled and the bullpen came in

This is how I felt most the year was.

If we get a good opposing pitcher, the whole lineup stalls and we can hit until the bullpen comes in.

Hopefully that changes! Will be facing a lot of good pitching.

frognutz

Had never heard of Marist College before, but apparently Bill O'Reilly went there. Town of Poughkeepsie, New York. The Red Foxes....probably wouldn't be bringing many fans I'm guessing.

pgdaly84

Had never heard of Marist College before, but apparently Bill O'Reilly went there. Town of Poughkeepsie, New York. The Red Foxes....probably wouldn't be bringing many fans I'm guessing.

Caylin Moore transferred from Marist. It's a very expensive private school.

frognutz

For those that don't want to dig into the baseball thread, here is where D1 Baseball (best college baseball writers) has things as of today:

National Seeds:
1. Oregon St
2. North Carolina
3. Texas Tech
4. Florida
5. Louisville
6. LSU
7. TCU
8. Stanford

In the TCU regional, we've got:

Team (RPI) (ELO Chess Ranking)
1. TCU (6) (11)
4. Marist (135) (189)
3. Louisiana Tech (38) (44)
2. Houston (24) (32)

Opposite of TCU in the bracket is the Arkansas regional... Arkansas is 14th in RPI, the #2 in that regional is Missouri State, the #22 RPI team.

If you tell me we have to get through Houston and Arkansas on the way to Omaha, I'm not thanking you. That's a tough road.

Interesting to note is that they also feel the top 7 are all locked in at this point. (debate about the order with LSU and TCU at #6 and #7 though). Only the #8 seed is still up for grabs.

Pharm Frog

If it works out according to their projections (doubtful), maybe we'll see this fella...

hqdefault.jpg

Purp

If it works out according to their projections (doubtful), maybe we'll see this fella...

hqdefault.jpg
How does he not snap his forearm across his shin? I'd also imagine the leg drive you get from your knee is epic.

#clownshow
#wouldshutusdowntho
#hashesfor@Deep_Purple