• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

TCUdirtbag

TCU will be the visiting team vs Florida on Sunday night.

5 national seeds (all but UNC, Tech, Stanford) and 7 super regional hosts (all but LBBSU) advanced this year. 6 of 8 hosted regionals. Good job by the committee - that's the highest number in quite a few years. The bracket is full of power programs. A&M is the closest thing to an underdog in the field as a 3-seed that just barely made the tournament.

TCUdirtbag

The NCAA website says if we win we play Monday night and if we lose we play Tuesday night. I'm just the messenger...

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a...ries-tv-schedule-streams-dates-how-watch-2017

This is a typo unless they completely changed the CWS format, right?

This is correct:
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2017/cws/302

Edit: the link you posted has to be wrong because in games 9 & 10 it tries to match up teams from opposite brackets and in game 12 it matches up a team with 1 loss with an already-eliminated team. It completely fails to eliminate 6 teams--only 5. So, that table is all sorts of janked. The interactive bracket (link I posted) is correct and consistent with the CWS format. Frogs play the 18th and 20th no matter what.

Last edited:

LeagueCityFrog

All time CWS records

Bracket 1
LSU 36-24
CSF 34-29
FSU 28-42
OSU 13-8

Bracket 2
UF 14-21
TCU 8-8
A&M 2-10
LOU 1-6
That is some good research right there. Anything can happen when you get to Omaha, but I do like statistics. With my purple lenses on...I predict TCU vs LSU in the final and TCU winning the National Championship.

I'll be there to witness on Sunday.

Fear The Frog.

WhatTheFrog

It's Jack's Stack and the burnt ends and bread pudding are must haves.

I second the burnt ends recommendation and would also say you need to have the cheesy corn bake and hickory pit beans for sides.

If you have the opportunity for another dinner in KC and enjoy prime rib, the 801 Chop House in the Power and Light district is awesome. A bit pricey, but worth it.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I second the burnt ends recommendation and would also say you need to have the cheesy corn bake and hickory pit beans for sides.

If you have the opportunity for another dinner in KC and enjoy prime rib, the 801 Chop House in the Power and Light district is awesome. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Report all meat comas here.

LeagueCityFrog

Flying in and out of Kansas City is great. Easy, quick drive to Omaha and shorter flights because of no layovers. Hot tips...
BBQ in KC - Jack's Stack in the Freight House location for a sit-down dinner, excellent overall experience and best sides as previously mentioned. Gates BBQ on State Line Road, beef on bun on bread please, and yes that is correct. And the pork ribs at Joe's KC in the Shamrock Gas Station over on the KC, KS side are considered by many, including Anthony Bourdain, the best ribs in the world.

And if any of the ladies are coming along, KC has the best chocolate shop in the US. Swiss family started it. It is called Andre's. The ladies can build their own personal box of chocolates.

https://andreschocolates.com

If the kids are coming along, definitely the Henry Dorley Zoo in Omaha. The Kids Museum at Union Station in downtown Kansas City is awesome and the DeAnna Rose Kids Farm on the Kansas side in Overland Park.

For tickets at the actual game, I would recommend lower level seats with an over hang, like row 24-29. It rained two CWS ago and everyone wanted those seats.

I'll be there.

League City Frog

Boomhauer

Aggy will say the numbers show they are superior because they have been there five times to our four.

LOL

Have an in-law that makes that comment to me every year. Although in slightly different wording. Usually along the lines of "isn't this TCU's first year at the CWS?" Like Aggy is some regular participant. And every year the last 4 yrs I have to remind him that TCU has more CWS wins.