• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Well, it was an outstanding season. I skimmed through a few pages of the game thread, but am not going to subject myself to the rest. So so proud of these guys and the coaching staff. They represented the University with class and excellence.

Now we fall into the dreaded summer off-season. Ugh.

North Main BBQ
Shake Shack
Campisi's
Fort Worth
Napa Valley
Cab Franc/Malbec (tie)
Straight Edge
Crocs
Shorts and flip flops
Twice
National Park Ranger
Telluride
Uncle Julio's
Fall - NYC/Summer - mountains/Winter - mountains/Spring - kiawah
Twix
Fireman's Four
Americone Dream
Knight Rider
No
Pink Floyd

Just getting ahead of the inevitable thread discussions.

Pharm Frog

North Main BBQ
Shake Shack
Campisi's
Fort Worth
Napa Valley
Cab Franc/Malbec (tie)
Straight Edge
Crocs
Shorts and flip flops
Twice
National Park Ranger
Telluride
Uncle Julio's
Twix
Fireman's Four
Americone Dream
Knight Rider
No
Pink Floyd

I think there's at least one of those that would be quite confusing to folk from Waco.

Tom Brown

North Main BBQ
Shake Shack
Campisi's
Fort Worth
Napa Valley
Cab Franc/Malbec (tie)
Straight Edge
Crocs
Shorts and flip flops
Twice
National Park Ranger
Telluride
Uncle Julio's
Twix
Fireman's Four
Americone Dream
Knight Rider
No
Pink Floyd

Straight edge has me perplexed.

Ron Swanson

They switched to a best of 3 final in 2003, I believe. I remember because I was a huge Rice fan still back then and Rice hadn't lost yet, while Stanford had. In previous years, Rice would've just had to win 1 of 2, but instead they had to win 2 of 3.

I prefer this format, I think it's almost perfect.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Straight edge has me perplexed.

Murder weapon of choice for those annual Favorite Murder Weapon threads. We have those right?

Or:

straight-edge-bourbon-whiskey01.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Mrs. Brewingfrog and I enjoyed the delightfully cool morning from the balcony, sipping coffee and watching the birds frolic in the morning light. We spoke of the fine season, now sadly concluded, and she noted, "They gave their all, and don't have any reason to hang their heads. Maybe they tried too hard. I don't know." She paused for a bit, then added, "But at least there was no [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] like the Oregon State game. If I were them, I'd be pissed! We only faced a really good pitcher that nobody could figure out. Oregon State just got screwed by that umpire!"

She has a point. Defeat is more bearable when there is no external factor there to adjust the outcome. Just the players doing their best. Faedo was not as overpowering as the first go-round, but it was our guys swinging at bad pitches that sealed their fate, not some ridiculous clown behind the plate calling stuff in the far batter's box a strike. $1 says that fool is selected to do next years CWS as an "outstanding" umpire...