• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Season Thread

CountryFrog

All projections and talking heads have TCU as a lock for a national seed. I wonder if a 2 and BBQ in the Big XII tourney changes that?
It sounds like we're pretty safe no matter what, but who knows for sure what the committee thinks and that's all that really matters.

We did go 0-2 in the conference tourney in 2015 and still got the #7 national seed so, at least that season, the committee showed that poor conference tourney performances are not a huge detractor.

TCUdirtbag

All projections and talking heads have TCU as a lock for a national seed. I wonder if a 2 and BBQ in the Big XII tourney changes that?

0-2 would not be ideal. Would depend what happens elsewhere. Probably okay but not definitely.

The #7 national seed is the only one we ever get, so I expect that's where we end up on Monday.

Pharm Frog

Someone post quotes from the Aggie baseball board to cheer me up this morning

Maybe we should start a bubble watch team thread?

How many years do we go without making the CWS before becoming bitter? Don't tell me we make it this year! Whole situation sux. We should be a powerhouse that reloads every year.

So RPI will fall into the mid-40's with this loss I believe. Will be interesting to see if this team is the "lock" so many here seem to think. The swan dive by this team to end the season is truly epic in nature.

What's this team's motto? Without a whimper?

Trash effort today. Trash effort for last 3 weeks. Coaches need to be held to account, and changes need to be made. Need to see an immediate and spike in urgency and sustained effort. Disgusting effort from coaches and players.

I just want the season over.... they are not going anywhere this year. The last month just like the football.

Such is life for an Aggie sports fan... What a joke this team's been the past month.

June is our month. It is known.

we just beat ourselves way too much

Pharm Frog

If Okie Lite can complete the win over WVU (leading 8-2 in the 6th), every team in the Big 12 will end the regular season with a winning record. (considering the Big 12 tournament to be "regular season")

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Maybe we should start a bubble watch team thread?

How many years do we go without making the CWS before becoming bitter? Don't tell me we make it this year! Whole situation sux. We should be a powerhouse that reloads every year.

So RPI will fall into the mid-40's with this loss I believe. Will be interesting to see if this team is the "lock" so many here seem to think. The swan dive by this team to end the season is truly epic in nature.

What's this team's motto? Without a whimper?

Trash effort today. Trash effort for last 3 weeks. Coaches need to be held to account, and changes need to be made. Need to see an immediate and spike in urgency and sustained effort. Disgusting effort from coaches and players.

I just want the season over.... they are not going anywhere this year. The last month just like the football.

Such is life for an Aggie sports fan... What a joke this team's been the past month.

June is our month. It is known.

we just beat ourselves way too much

Wait, was that from an Ag board or a TCU GDT?

f_399

"
National Seeds

Heading into the week, we believed seven of the eight national seeds were essentially wrapped up (Oregon State, North Carolina, Texas Tech, Florida, Louisville, LSU, TCU). Florida won its SEC tournament opener on Wednesday, and the other seven teams all won their games Thursday, so at this point all seven of them look like national seed locks.

The race for the final national seed still looks like a three-team battle between Kentucky, Stanford and Southern Miss, though it’s conceivable that Wake Forest could sneak into the No. 8 position if it can win the ACC tournament.
"

GoFrog Yourself

"
National Seeds

Heading into the week, we believed seven of the eight national seeds were essentially wrapped up (Oregon State, North Carolina, Texas Tech, Florida, Louisville, LSU, TCU). Florida won its SEC tournament opener on Wednesday, and the other seven teams all won their games Thursday, so at this point all seven of them look like national seed locks.

The race for the final national seed still looks like a three-team battle between Kentucky, Stanford and Southern Miss, though it’s conceivable that Wake Forest could sneak into the No. 8 position if it can win the ACC tournament.
"
I'd like to win at least one more in OKC just to leave no doubt, and give Traver a chance to start a game before the big tournament. Assuming Howard will be the guy today

Purp

I'd like to win at least one more in OKC just to leave no doubt, and give Traver a chance to start a game before the big tournament. Assuming Howard will be the guy today
I agree with this except I want Traver to get a good start under his belt, which would imply winning. If that doesn't presuppose a win then it assumes another bullpen meltdown, which I'd hate to see too.

I guess we're rooting for a Howard win and then a Traver loss to Texas by a 1-0 score because all of our back-ups were in the starting lineup behind him.

Pharm Frog

Miami looks like its about to dispatch Wake which should eliminate them from any national seed contention AND perhaps eventually extend Miami's post-season streak.

Pharm Frog

Not sure I've ever seen a game ended by a batted ball that hits a runner but that's what happens and WF leaves the bases loaded and Miami advances with a 5-2 win.

Wake leaves 16 runners on base.

Raw Frog

Skoug needs to relax more at the plate, and not try and carry the whole team on his shoulders. He is trying to do too much up there, and pressing too hard. The announcer said it best in the Kansas game, " Skoug is trying to hit a 3 run HR with nobody on base."...

JogginFrog

Tough loss for Abilene Christian today at #1 Oregon State. Had 15 hits but only 4 runs. Still, they led with two out in the bottom of the ninth, then walked in the tying run and lost in the 11th.

ftwfrog

I agree with this except I want Traver to get a good start under his belt, which would imply winning. If that doesn't presuppose a win then it assumes another bullpen meltdown, which I'd hate to see too.

I guess we're rooting for a Howard win and then a Traver loss to Texas by a 1-0 score because all of our back-ups were in the starting lineup behind him.
The hell with it. Let's win the whole darning thing.

Beating UT twice will be tough, but Lodolo, Janzack and Howard aren't pitching again. Schloss isn't going to tax any "winning time" arms, but I want to watch two Frog baseball games tomorrow and maybe our bats can carry us, so darn it.

If we are lucky enough to play on Sunday, maybe they'll be down to their 5 or 6th pitcher too.

Wishful thinking I know, but I'm certainly not rooting for a Frog loss.

Pharm Frog

The hell with it. Let's win the whole darning thing.

Beating UT twice will be tough, but Lodolo, Janzack and Howard aren't pitching again. Schloss isn't going to tax any "winning time" arms, but I want to watch two Frog baseball games tomorrow and maybe our bats can carry us, so darn it.

If we are lucky enough to play on Sunday, maybe they'll be down to their 5 or 6th pitcher too.

Wishful thinking I know, but I'm certainly not rooting for a Frog loss.

Nobody is rooting for a Frog loss. Hopefully we'll be rooting at some point for Dalton Brown, the return of Mr Horton, the development of Misters Ingraham and Williams and Hesse and Humphreys et al. I think we'll ride with Traver as far as practical and comfortable. If anyone deserves the support, it's Mr Traver.