• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

FrogsMcGee

Haven't seen much speculation about the Big 12 tournament on the board, but haven't read every thread. Here is what I have gathered looking at the standings:

Tournament matchups if the season ended today:
1 Kansas vs 8 OSU / 9 Texas winner
4 TCU vs 5 KSU
--------
2 WVU vs 7 OU / 10 ISU winner
3 Tech vs 6 Baylor

Remaining games:
ISU vs OU (Fri)
WVU at Texas (Sat)
Baylor @ KSU (Sat)
Kansas @ OSU (Sat)
TCU @ Tech (Sat)

Scenarios (tie-breaker explanation link):
1.) If we beat Tech, we would tie conference records but they would still get 3rd due to a better record vs Kansas. We clinch 4th. Our opponent would be the winner of the KSU/Baylor game. If Baylor wins that game, they win a head to head tiebreaker with KSU due to a better record vs Kansas during the season.
2.) If we lose to Tech, the outcome of Baylor/KSU also comes into play. If KSU wins, they get 4th seed and we get 5th. If Baylor wins, then there is a 3 way tie for 4th. TCU was 3-1 against KSU/Baylor this season. KSU in this case would be 2-2 vs TCU/Baylor. Baylor in this case would be 1-3 vs TCU/KSU. Thus, the order would be 4 TCU, 5 KSU, 6 Baylor.

So....TCU win = play the winner of KSU/Baylor, TCU loss = play KSU.

At least I think that's right....

Sebastian S

We have a group of friends contemplating making the drive to Lubbock but I think it would be a waste.

Minimum 8 hours on the road round trip?

Who has made the drive? Thoughts?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
We have a group of friends contemplating making the drive to Lubbock but I think it would be a waste.

Long drive, dull town. But I would suggest going, then going a little further to Colorado for the remainder of weekend (and try to stretch into a 4 day weekend or something). You're only talking 4 more hours.

netty2424

My thoughts would be, wear a full body condom. Can't be too prepared in Lubbock.

full-body-condom.jpg

Purp

Good job OU.....

Okie Lite pimp smacks them 71-60. Interesting to see if OUs bubble bursts or if Trae Young is a big enough draw for the tourney
I think OU is comfortable, but they shouldn't be.

The Pokes may be playing the winner of our game tomorrow bc they've had Kansas' number this year and Rock Chalk will be without Azubuike. Okie Lite may play their way into the tourney.

ATC Frog

Good job OU.....

Okie Lite pimp smacks them 71-60. Interesting to see if OUs bubble bursts or if Trae Young is a big enough draw for the tourney

Quite the fall from grace for the Sooners. Was relatively entertaining to watch he general attitude change of most of them as January faded into February.

My guess is they still sneak in, possibly as an 11 seed in a play in game. OSU might sneak in too. 9/10 teams in the dance would be unprecedented.

Purp

OU was in the top 5. in the nation.

They fell to 9th, in a conference of 10.

That's worse than Florida state football last year.
This is the biggest reason I think they shouldn't get in. And their fall from grace isn't attributed to an injury to a pivotal player. It's just an awful stretch of performances by a team that appears weakened by a cancer that's metastasized over the last month.

Purp

Who is picking OU to advance in their bracket if they get in? I'm not sure I will pick them. I mean the matchup may matter. But...
No way. I can't think of a team I'd pick them ahead of that's projected to be an 8 seed or better. I'd expect ISU to beat them right now.