• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Students already get in for free and get their own section that goes all the way down to the front row.

Would love for them to show up in force for the opening game.

I expect conference game attendance to be great, but OOC games to start the season (especially week night games) will likely continue to be lightly attended.
Yes, I understand the students have their own section. There are considerably more students than seats in the student section.

Tom Brown

I see that ULM has 3 Aussies and 1 Wichita State transfer, but their best player is only slated to be 3rd team Sun Belt conference.

MTfrog5

TCU should allow students in to games to take empty seats at 10 minutes into game. If ticket holders show up they get their seats. If not seats are filled at least.

I get this is unreasonable but it would be nice if it could work.
I thought they did this last year for a couple games late? The Baylor game I'm almost sure that they let overflow students sit in empty seats around the arena

Purp

75 season tickets left
175 single game seats left for the opener
SMU is sold out

I know a bunch will go unused in OOC but there’s potential for great numbers
The 8pm tips will be tougher for us with the pre-school aged kids. We'll probably make half of the OOC games, but I don't see us making all of them. Just too tough to keep them up that late.

tcumaniac

I am shocked that the season has not started and the usual suspects are already witching about crowd sizes.

I wasn't witching, I was just making a statement.

This basketball team is starting the season with more buzz than it has in my entire lifetime, so I'd love to invision a packed Schollmaier Arena on Friday night and the rest of the season, but that's just not realistic at the beginning of the season, so I said I was tempering my expectations. It's not a knock against TCU or our fans, it's just the reality of the first month of basketball season when people's weekends are still taken up with football and you're playing a lot of week night games against schools like La-Monroe, TN Tech, South Dakota, Omaha, Belmont, etc.

I fully expect to see the best crowds we've ever experienced come conference play.

tcumaniac

Yes, I understand the students have their own section. There are considerably more students than seats in the student section.

Got it. I feel like this already unofficially happens to a certain extent when possible.

I don't expect there to be a student over flow problem until conference play, and that's hopefully when there aren't many open seats available anyway. I guess we'll see.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Here is a picture of the team:

Here is the roster on gofrogs:

IMG_0069.PNG

Jersey numbers don't match for everyone. With all the new guys does anyone know what their jersey numbers actually are?

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

TCU should allow students in to games to take empty seats at 10 minutes into game. If ticket holders show up they get their seats. If not seats are filled at least.

I get this is unreasonable but it would be nice if it could work.

They do allow students to fill empty seats after a certain period of time (maybe 10 minutes of game clock?), but the demand is rarely there — only for big conference games not during winter break. Let’s keep in mind that not being garbage at Basketball is a new thing.

Students already get in for free and get their own section that goes all the way down to the front row.

Would love for them to show up in force for the opening game.

I expect conference game attendance to be great, but OOC games to start the season (especially week night games) will likely continue to be lightly attended.

Can’t help but lol at the first paragraph coming from you. Your post in your student days would’ve been quite different. But I completely agree with this entire post.

Everyone should keep in mind that although we are only 65 season tickets short of a sellout, tickets are cheap and it will take time to consistently fill the sold seats — student, season ticket, club and others. We do not have a basketball culture. Just like it’s taken time to build a culture at AGCS (admittedly still a work in progress!) it will also take time for basketball. Getting better was the first step. Selling tickets was the second step. Performing consistently, driving up demand and filling sold seats are very much still objectives lying ahead of us.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
47 min. to tip off. I am guessing we already can designate this as a crappy crowd. Where is everyone!?!

Sorry, just getting that out of the way for some of you.
4 of us in our seats 40 minutes before game time.

Based on the struggle I had buying a bottle of water I would avoid the TCU Grill line behind 211.