• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

TCUdirtbag

IIRC, that means all the LOIs are in (4).
Ferron Hunt decommitted a couple weeks ago but isn’t expected to sign during the early signing period.

As a reminder, 3 scholarship seniors graduate (Vlad, Hamdy, Kenrich) and we have 1 unused scholarship. Technically our scholarship roster is “full” with this signees. But keep in mind Kevin Samuel is an open question as to whether he will ever qualify. And there’s usually some attrition. I expect to see another signee in the next signing period.

Never a better time to be a Frog fan. This is a tremendous class and one that will be felt for years. Every player has a big upside and next level tools. With hard work and determination these guys could lead us to incredible heights.

TCUdirtbag

Redshirting. Paperwork slowed due to hurricane. Coaches excited about him having a year to develop.

Dixon has mentioned, though, that he may never qualify. Which - surely that won’t happen - but with the NCAA you never know.

FWIW, that’s one unused scholarship and 2 scholarship redshirts (Samuel and Mayen) this year. We only have 10 of 13 scholarships filled/available to play. Need to avoid injury as much as possible.

tcumaniac

I never thought I'd say this, ever, but.....

I CANNOT wait until Friday.

Those are feelings usually left for the first TCU Football game the first TCU Baseball game. It is so strange to be this excited (or excited at all) for TCU Basketball. Go Frogs!

Totally agree! Tempering my expectations for crowd size until after Christmas break (minus a few of the big 12 games)... But I am SO excited to see this team back in action. We were on a freaking roll at the end of last season. With another off season of JD and so many familiar faces back, it's hard not to expect this team to be VERY good.

Wexahu

I’m embarrassed to say I had no idea basketball season was about to start. Seems like it gets a little earlier every year, used to be the Thanksgiving tournaments kind of marked the beginning of the year.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Totally agree! Tempering my expectations for crowd size until after Christmas break (minus a few of the big 12 games)... But I am SO excited to see this team back in action. We were on a freaking roll at the end of last season. With another off season of JD and so many familiar faces back, it's hard not to expect this team to be VERY good.
TCU should allow students in to games to take empty seats at 10 minutes into game. If ticket holders show up they get their seats. If not seats are filled at least.

I get this is unreasonable but it would be nice if it could work.

TCUdirtbag

75 season tickets left
175 single game seats left for the opener
SMU is sold out

I know a bunch will go unused in OOC but there’s potential for great numbers

tcumaniac

TCU should allow students in to games to take empty seats at 10 minutes into game. If ticket holders show up they get their seats. If not seats are filled at least.

I get this is unreasonable but it would be nice if it could work.

Students already get in for free and get their own section that goes all the way down to the front row.

Would love for them to show up in force for the opening game.

I expect conference game attendance to be great, but OOC games to start the season (especially week night games) will likely continue to be lightly attended.