• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

SuperTFrog

Iowa st is ranked #228 in defensive field goal percentage. We are ranked #180, so relatively comparable but we are a bit better defending the three.

Against ISU, KU shot 39% from 3 point range. Against TCU, KU shot 55% from 3 point range.

If KU shoots their season average from 3 against us, we win the game.

For those saying that the excuse “they shot lights out against us” is lame, they need to fact check. KU beat us because they shot lights out. We could have made some plays in the end, but if they don’t shoot 55% from 3, we win.

Sometimes teams get hot from the outside and there is nothing you can do about it.

Tom Brown

Iowa st is ranked #228 in defensive field goal percentage. We are ranked #180, so relatively comparable but we are a bit better defending the three.

Against ISU, KU shot 39% from 3 point range. Against TCU, KU shot 55% from 3 point range.

If KU shoots their season average from 3 against us, we win the game.

For those saying that the excuse “they shot lights out against us” is lame, they need to fact check. KU beat us because they shot lights out. We could have made some plays in the end, but if they don’t shoot 55% from 3, we win.

Sometimes teams get hot from the outside and there is nothing you can do about it.

And if Baylor had shot their avg, we'd have lost that game.

SuperTFrog

And if Baylor had shot their avg, we'd have lost that game.
I am not saying it doesn’t go the other way. All I am saying is that sometimes a team get hot and drains a bunch of shots and that is why you lose. Some on here think that is not a valid explanation for a loss sometimes.

Purp

I am not saying it doesn’t go the other way. All I am saying is that sometimes a team get hot and drains a bunch of shots and that is why you lose. Some on here think that is not a valid explanation for a loss sometimes.
Not some. One. Just one. If you're referring to him as "some" I'd settle for sum [ hundin].

DickBumpastache

The problem is we have mounting evidence that the perimeter defense is not up to par:

Texas Southern 7-20 (35%) 3pt
William & Mary 15-38 (40%) 3pt
Oklahoma 10-21 (48%) 3pt
Baylor 1-12 (8%) 3pt
Kansas 11-20 (55%) 3pt

Even if you include BU's atrocious shooting, teams are making 40% of their 3's against us over the last 5 games. And considering the amount of 3s they take, that is extremely concerning. Need to either force them off the perimeter or start contesting shots better.

Thankfully, UT is one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in D1...but if they make a lot tomorrow, I don't think we can just chalk it up to "getting hot".

TCUdirtbag

"Must win" for the frogs?

Not sure if there’s a “must win” conference game in early January, but this is a winnable game for sure, and it would be good to win it. Win tonight, and even if we drop at OU this weekend, the next two vs. ISU and at K-State are very winnable and could give us a chance to have a winning 4-3 league record heading into the Big Monday home game vs WVU.