• The KillerFrogs

2016 NFL Draft

Shut Down Frogs

**I looked around for a thread on this year's draft and didn't see one near the top of the pile. MODS - please feel free to move or delete if I missed it.**

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/02/draft-mock-draft-3-0-carson-wentz-surges-to-jets-with-20th-pick/

PFF has been one of the better and more accurate football scouting operations available to the public for the last several years. I think this is the first year they've covered college ball in depth though, so I have high expectations for their draft material this year. 

They're currently projecting Doctson at #7 to San Francisco. 

We’re not yet comfortable with the rest of the quarterback class to pair one with the 49ers at this point, but Doctson adds a strong piece for any future signal caller. He can make plays outside his frame, something he did quite a bit at TCU, but he’s also proficient at creating separation and making plays down the field (ranked sixth in nation in deep passing yards with 553 despite playing in only 10 games). He was the nation’s top-graded WR at +26.9 before going down to injury in Week 11.

That would make him only the 4th Horned Frog to be drafted in the first round since 2000 (#5 - LT, #31 - Jerry Hughes, #25 - Jason Verrett). We all know the journey he's been on, but I hope he gets a lot of coverage during the process. It's a great story and great exposure for the program. 

f_399

wow top 10 would be amazing

hope the combination chip kelly and kaepernick plays out as good as it should.

TCU_22

I think josh has a great chance of going top 20 if he runs right around a 4.5, however I'm not confident he runs that fast and probably drops some because of it.

jake102

I think his range is top 10 pick to mid 2nd round.

If he drops a sub 4.50, top 10. 4.50 to 4.60, probably late 1st round. Anything higher than 4.60 and he's 2nd round.

TRF51

If he runs below a 4.5 I think he could go that high but I have a feeling he will run 4.5 or 4.6 which is okay and will end up being drafted between 20 and 35 which would be great.  Hope he goes to a team like the Vikings, Cowboys, Saints, or Pats but I don't think he would drop that far. 

Shut Down Frogs

I don't really want him to go to SF because I'm really not a big believer in Chip Kelly as an NFL head coach. That being said, I could see him becoming some sort of Jordan Matthews in his offense. 

TCU_22

I personally hope he ends up in Green bay. I think he would have an immediate impact there and would be part of a well run franchise. Also having Rodgers throwing to you doesn't hurt either

Snoop1122

I really hope he falls a little bit and goes to Green Bay or Seattle.  Both teams have great solid QB's that can help him play right away and get adapted to the league.  

TCUdirtbag

Excited to see Doctson (and Momma Syler-Jones) hear his name called tomorrow.  Kid worked his tail off and seems to be a great kid. Pretty cool seeing a TCU walk on doing this:

https://twitter.com/JDoc_son/status/724709702404182016
https://twitter.com/JDoc_son/status/725371888076247041
https://twitter.com/JDoc_son/status/725496501418491905

Young and Horned

Read on SI.com that one of their guys has Doctson going 8th overall to the Browns. While I would hate for him to go to Cleveland, that would be pretty awesome to be a top 10 pick. 

SuperBarrFrog

Young and Horned said:
Read on SI.com that one of their guys has Doctson going 8th overall to the Browns. While I would hate for him to go to Cleveland, that would be pretty awesome to be a top 10 pick. 

I was hoping he goes #10 to the giants; imagine him opposite of Odell Beckham Jr.

Hughes Your Daddy

Young and Horned said:
When are the projections going to start? I will say he goes at 18-19 in a trade up situation. Not sure who just yet though. 

Minnesota at 23 feels like the most likely landing spot. If I were to go out on a limb, I think Tennessee trades back up into the top 10 and swaps spots with Baltimore, and Baltimore grabs him (or Treadwell) at 15. I don't see him going any higher in the draft than that, to be honest. 

f_399

Will he be better as a #2 or #1 receiver?

I think at least to start his career, #2 would be just fine. Get him used to the game until he earns the respect of CB's

Too much pressure especially as a rookie to come in expected to be the best receiver on the team.