• The KillerFrogs

2016 Fall Practice Thread

SnoSki

4th. down said:
He's 6'5" and cannot be over 215lbs. This photo is up to date - look again, no way at 235lbs. How can defensive end be his best position? Doesn't seem to make sense, but as always, GP knows.
I don't know tipa's weight, but 235 on a 6-5 frame can look a lot like 160 on a 6-0 frame. Both are skinny.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Purp said:
I don't think Wiscy really wanted a rematch. They wanted to make the country think they wanted a rematch. If they were serious about a rematch they wouldn't have insisted on a 1 and done at their place.

So true: we had a home game we'd have to convert that to an away (one-and-done) game in Wisconsin and end up with a 5-7 home vs. away slate for the season.

After we -- as would 100 out of 100 other programs -- turned them down, Badger coach tried to spin it that we were ducking them and turning down a potentially bigger pay day and higher nationally rated contest. TCU was driving home the point that we now were above such programs which had to seek an unbalanced schedule and chase big-boy bucks to get national interest.

I have had little respect for the man ever since that specious ploy. Goes to show you that there are many kinds of sore losers, some (Bret B.) are just more subtle than others (Art B.).

jabroni1635

toadallytexan said:

So true: we had a home game we'd have to convert that to an away (one-and-done) game in Wisconsin and end up with a 5-7 home vs. away slate for the season.

After we -- as would 100 out of 100 other programs -- turned them down, Badger coach tried to spin it that we were ducking them and turning down a potentially bigger pay day and higher nationally rated contest. TCU was driving home the point that we now were above such programs which had to seek an unbalanced schedule and chase big-boy bucks to get national interest.

I have had little respect for the man ever since that specious ploy. Goes to show you that there are many kinds of sore losers, some (Bret B.) are just more subtle than others (Art B.).
Hard to believe somebody like this guy would ever do that.

https://youtu.be/ZLiSq3qUZ_E

Sand Frog

4th. down said:
How are those big, slow [Rod Gilmore] hogs, going to cover Gray, Turp., Porter, Taj, and Ty on a 5 wide set?

They the SEC yo!  Everyone knows when an SEC player walks on campus he's automatically better than any player in any other conference...........DUH!  SEC!  SEC!  SEC!!

DaCrief

https://twitter.com/espncfb/status/767819073090650112

All these schools announcing their starting qb today. No doubt tcu will do the same ANY DAY now. Can't wait!!!

tcumaniac

I'm craving some amount of info or some kind of tidbit from fall camp... something... please... anything. A pump up video... anything... PLEASE. I can't make it 12 more days. 

XIIFrog

If I'm not mistaken, Gary said they would pick a QB 9-10 days before the first game, not that they would announce it to the world.

My guess is we won't know who the starter is until the very first drive, just like 2014.

f_399

Despite the odds Frog said:
Did you know Paul Rhoads is the new defensive back coach for Arkansas?

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/coache/paul-rhoads/

He is very familiar with TCU. I think that helps Arkansas in game preparation. It is going to be a battle for sure.

Not sure how much help he would be in giving information about TCU.

They are pretty much going against a similar offense as Texas Tech but the only difference is TCU plays defense.