• The KillerFrogs

2016 College World Series Thread

tcumaniac

Can't believe those SOBs are gonna win the whole thing. Good for them, though. Hopefully we can pull it off one of these years. 

For the first time ever, it looks as if we're going to have been eliminated by the team that won it all. I bet LSU fans are pretty annoyed. 

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
TCUdirtbag said:
Wow. Coastal gonna win the natty. Painful.

How do you think TAMU feels?  If they had made it to Omaha, they would have walked away with the trophy, because the field is so weak.  Just ask them.  

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Beckwith in serious trouble, thanks to his 1B, who booted one and wasted an out.  Bases loaded, 2 outs, bottom 6.

Oliva singled.  2 runs score.  4-2 CCU, runners at 1B and 2B, 2 out, bottom 6.  

And Beckwith's series is over.  Walks out, doffs his cap.  What a performance.  If they pull this out, it'll be the stuff of legend.

Holmes comes in to close it out, easy K.

4-2 CCU, end 6

Horny 4 Life

I still can't get over the stat that 72% of the runners who are sacrificed to 2B by CCU end up scoring.  That seems very high to me, but maybe I'm wrong. 

MadFrog

I like the sacrifice with runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs. That leaves 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, and puts tons of pressure on the defense. The next batter just has to hit a grounder to short or second, or a decent fly ball to the outfield. TCU does not bunt and we usually get a DP or a strike out. So frustrating. 

PO Frog

Horned Eagle said:
I still can't get over the stat that 72% of the runners who are sacrificed to 2B by CCU end up scoring.  That seems very high to me, but maybe I'm wrong. 
It's crazy but I think hitting almost 100 HRs this year probably had a lot to do with that. Think how many they could have scored without giving away so many outs...

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
CCU baserunner picked off to end the top of the 8th.  

Still 4-2 CCU, middle 8.

Absolutely terrible that this game is at noon.  I should be sitting on my couch with an adult beverage watching this game.  Instead I'm watching it with half a monitor while a crazy day unfolds around me at work.  

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Coastal down 1, 2, 3 top 9.

4-2 CCU, middle 9.

Close to a Chanticleer natty.  

Cunningham in for his 3rd inning to close it out for CCU.

Oliva F 9.  1 out.

Boyd walk.

Ramer single LF.  runners at 1b, 3b, 1 out

Gibbons sac fly 8, 4-3 CCU, runner at 1b, 2 out.

Aguilar double to LF.  runners at 2 and 3, 2 outs.  4-3 CCU

Haug backwards K.  Ballgame.  CCU National Champs.