• The KillerFrogs

2016 College World Series Thread

Sand Frog

GoFrog Yourself said:
(What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together) ESPN for making it a noon game today. Current lineup for tonight:
Sports center at 6
Rerun of 30 for 30 at 7
Battlefrog something at 8... Screwing fans in Omaha and those who want to watch on TV. It's a division one championship in a big 3 sport

Yeah, game at noon is complete BS!

TCUdirtbag

GoFrog Yourself said:
(What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together) ESPN for making it a noon game today. Current lineup for tonight:
Sports center at 6
Rerun of 30 for 30 at 7
Battlefrog something at 8... Screwing fans in Omaha and those who want to watch on TV. It's a division one championship in a big 3 sport
ESPN offered 7 pm CT on ESPN. The NCAA turned it down. Not ESPN's fault.

Austintxfrog94

PurplFrawg said:
Arizona just got screwed out of a run by blue.

I can see how the ump missed the call (blocked vantage by arm) but it seems like Coastal catches a lot of those in their favor.  I'm also still very butthurt so there's that as well.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Austintxfrog94 said:
Yeah Coastal is going to win because that pitcher Isn't giving up anything.  They basically are going to win CWS with 2 arms.

Out of the loser's bracket, no less.  Conventional wisdom is you need to go 4-5 starters deep to get out of the loser's bracket and have a chance.  This coaching job and the pitchers' cojones are something else.  

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Watching the multicam feed on ESPN3 with half a monitor.  This is so, so, so much better than the regular feed.

AZ in trouble top 6.  2 on, 1 out.

Edit.  Runners advanced to 2B and 3B, 2 out.

2B booted an easy grounder, then overthrew 3B.

2-0 CCU, 2 out, runner at 2B, top 6.  I'm calling it now.  Ballgame.  That was the play of the game.  CWS decided by an error.

Edit again.  CCU dinger Young.

4-0 CCU, 2 out, top 6

Edit again. They've left their starter in.  Another base hit, single to CF Chadwick.  NOW they change. 

End inning on grounder to P.

4-0 CCU, middle 6.