• The KillerFrogs

2016 College World Series Thread

froglash88

I have no problem with what the CCU coach is doing pitching wise. It's not like he overused his pitchers all season. Those kids arms will be fine. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Cheering for the team with an extremely dedicated and loyal coach.

Go Chanticleers!!!

Pharm Frog

froglash88 said:
I have no problem with what the CCU coach is doing pitching wise. It's not like he overused his pitchers all season. Those kids arms will be fine. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Cheering for the team with an extremely dedicated and loyal coach.

Go Chanticleers!!!

So it's okay to limit pitchers early so you can overuse them later? Ironically, this is the same argument that solidified Oklahoma going to a pitch count rule in high school baseball because several coaches and medical professionals were concerned that others might think this same way.  I really don't know if CCU or anyone is really "overusing" their pitchers.  Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but I'm also not prepared to predict that their "arms will be fine."

PurplePutt

1st time ever the series has gone 17 games. It's what happens.

Morrison threw 30 pitches last Tuesday vs TCU. He then came back 44 hours later and pitched 83 pitches vs Tech. Then 4 days and 20 hours later he threw 103 pitches vs Arizona.

Beckwith threw 100 pitches vs Florida on Sunday. He then came back 4 days and 20 hours later and threw 138 pitches vs TCU last Friday night. His start tonight will be roughly 4 days and 20 hours after he last pitched.

Darn Gilmore and CCU.  I get once in a lifetime opportunity.  Johnny Allstaff for everyone who has anything left in the tank and all, but how do you know none of these kids have a future in baseball? 

Zona shut down their starter the other night because he looked funny.  We should have thrown Baker--he'll be fine right?

Realtorfrog

Austintxfrog94 said:
Isn't the Beckwith kid on tap to pitch tonight?  Thats a CCU win if he is (IMO)
Our lefties hit him hard, I figure AZ will do the same...... Hopefully not right at someone like we did.

AZ needs to play their game, last night their first inning antics was why they lost.

TCUdirtbag

We're looking at a 10:15-10:30 pm start. If more lightning, we're looking at a Thursday game.
https://twitter.com/ArizonaBaseball/status/748338236179640320

Update -
https://twitter.com/KendallRogersD1/status/748340843853938688

GoFrog Yourself

scheiss ESPN for making it a noon game today. Current lineup for tonight:
Sports center at 6
Rerun of 30 for 30 at 7
Battlefrog something at 8... Screwing fans in Omaha and those who want to watch on TV. It's a division one championship in a big 3 sport