• The KillerFrogs

2016 College World Series Thread

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
cdsfrog said:
CCU deserves to lose because of their coach.  Closer has thrown 160 pitches in 5 or 6 days plus all of the ridiculous warmup time as well
And if they win, they'll be right back tomorrow. Darn CCU.

TCUFROG1998

That little CCU troll bearded kid that drives the short bus with his hand moves every time he gets on base kills me. I want to see Arizona win tomorrow and the camera go straight to his crying face.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
My sports hate has subsided and I'm now on board with CCU. They were annoying against TCU, but they're playing with serious heart.

When TCU finally made it in 2010, we were in the MWC. That's a respectable conference (unless you're Baylor.) These guys are from the Big South. The what? The only other team I recognized in their conference was Charleston Southern (I think?) That's got damned impressive to make it that far.

I always like a great underdog story. I've been a TCU fan since the day I was born, so I know what it's like to be the underdog.

I wish the coach wouldn't run his pitchers' arms through the ringer, but that's really my only negative now. Seeing the sweat and tears of both the players and the fans (especially the families) has really bolstered my support.

Arizona can EAD.

Horny 4 Life

RollToad said:
My sports hate has subsided and I'm now on board with CCU. They were annoying against TCU, but they're playing with serious heart.

When TCU finally made it in 2010, we were in the MWC. That's a respectable conference (unless you're Baylor.) These guys are from the Big South. The what? The only other team I recognized in their conference was Charleston Southern (I think?) That's got damned impressive to make it that far.

I always like a great underdog story. I've been a TCU fan since the day I was born, so I know what it's like to be the underdog.

I wish the coach wouldn't run his pitchers' arms through the ringer, but that's really my only negative now. Seeing the sweat and tears of both the players and the fans (especially the families) has really bolstered my support.

Arizona can EAD.

Welcome on board.  Watching these guys reminds me a lot of the TCU teams we had when Schloss first started this run.  They may not have more natural talent than their opponent, but they're dirt dogs who play with lots of heart.  That's worth something to me. 

Plus, the LF (the guy so many people loved to hate) comes from southwestern PA, so I've gotta root for the "hometown" guy. 

Reptilian

tcumaniac said:
CCU wins tomorrow and their entire pitching staff never pitches again, because they will all have permanent arm damage. #WorthIt
Reminds of Conner Wood of UT when Augie let him throw 220? They won and he was done.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
tcumaniac said:
CCU wins tomorrow and their entire pitching staff never pitches again, because they will all have permanent arm damage. #WorthIt
No doubt. For a guy like Baker, you shut him down because he has long term potential. However, as I understand it the CCU pitchers have absolutely no MLB potential. This is it for them. In that scenario, what's the problem with pitching them out? They will never regret winning a CWS.

Realtorfrog

CC coach obviously doesn't think they will ever get back again and he will ruin a pitchers future career to get a college World Series championship.

Sad!

tcudoc

Realtorfrog said:
CC coach obviously doesn't think they will ever get back again and he will ruin a pitchers future career to get a college World Series championship.

Sad!
tumblr_nphb9i6uMs1qksk74o1_500.gif