• The KillerFrogs

2016 College Station Super Regional Thread

TCUdirtbag

The rematch is on, but the script is flipped. This time it's A&M that's the favorite as the National Seed and host. The last time TCU took on the Aggies in College Station, the Frogs won the 2012 College Station regional. Now the Frogs get another chance to pull an upset at Blue Bell. This year's SR series features both the Big 12 Tournament and SEC Tournament champions

SCHEDULE
 ​
Friday --- 8:00 pm --- ESPN2
 ​
Saturday --- 8:00 pm --- ESPN
 ​
Sunday* --- 8:00 pm --- ESPN2/U
*if necessary

TCUdirtbag

https://twitter.com/KendallRogersD1/status/739670599874846720
https://twitter.com/KendallRogersD1/status/739670731143950337
https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/739670913688436736

Lone Frog

One good thing about it being in College Station - we won't have to spend months getting the Aggie smell out of Lupton again this year.

Of course, there will be listeria, aggressive milkmen and the bleating of terrified sheep, so maybe it's a wash.

Aggies have to be Aggies and go overboard with everything. They see some TCU fan holding a "We want Boomer" sign and they just go overboard with insults and cocky remarks.

I don't think I've read one TCU fan say anything about Texas A&M on Twitter, yet they keep writing that TCU fans are trying to be disrespectful and cocky on Twitter. I've never seen so many tweets of people saying what one group of people are doing but they are really the one's doing it. Something is wrong with that fanbase.

hometown frog

Lone Frog said:
One good thing about it being in College Station - we won't have to spend months getting the Aggie smell out of Lupton again this year.

Of course, there will be listeria, aggressive milkmen and the bleating of terrified sheep, so maybe it's a wash.
And those stupid bubbles...

Zubaz

The cool thing is we are playing with a bit of house money here. Last the year, the Aggies were all bent out of shape because they felt they deserved the national seed that we got, and were all bum hurt that they had to play in FW. I don't know that any TCU fan thinks we were robbed, or that the Ags deserved a higher seed based on e regular season.

I kinda placed super-regional as the baseline for success this year, and we've made it. If we lose, I'll obviously be disappointed but it won't really be something I'll lose a ton of sleep over. If we win, Aggy tears.

frognutz

Todd D. said:
The cool thing is we are playing with a bit of house money here. Last the year, the Aggies were all bent out of shape because they felt they deserved the national seed that we got, and were all bum hurt that they had to play in FW. I don't know that any TCU fan thinks we were robbed, or that the Ags deserved a higher seed based on e regular season.

I kinda placed super-regional as the baseline for success this year, and we've made it. If we lose, I'll obviously be disappointed but it won't really be something I'll lose a ton of sleep over. If we win, Aggy tears.

Agree 100% but, damn would it be nice to make Omaha again and leave Aggy in the dust.

TCUdirtbag

The Ags are one of the best teams in the country and returned a ton of players off last year's team. Haven't hosted a Super in CS since '99.  Frogs are a scrappy young bunch of newcomers with little experience.  Of course A&M is the heavy favorite.  TCU has nothing to lose next weekend.  Like Todd said, this Frogs team has met and exceeded expectations for this year.  A&M has not.  

And their fans are a bunch of small, whiney nerds always looking for something to be upset about.  Who cares what they say?  We're talking about the school that was so jealous of UT for so many decades that they finally took their ball and ran away to the same mediocre fate they've been cursed with for generations.  They have zero self-respect, which is exactly how much respect everyone else has for them.  Win or lose, TCU gets to go home to Fort Worth and on to a life of not being, feeling, and acting inferior to everyone they encounter.  

dawg

frognutz said:

Agree 100% but, damn would it be nice to make Omaha again and leave Aggy in the dust.
Yes, we're totally playing with house money, but the thought of aggy losing its mind over losing to a "bdf" team two years in a row... Such a happy thought.

Flying T

Tier 1
Lone Frog said:

Last year I couldn't believe the hoards of sweaty aggie cankles trampling down all of the landscaping and touching everything with their swollen sausage fingers.

frognutz

Flying T said:
Last year I couldn't believe the hoards of sweaty aggie cankles trampling down all of the landscaping and touching everything with their swollen sausage fingers.

Our shrubbery never recovered.

tcumaniac

Any idea as to how hard it'll be to actually get tickets to this?

If I can get affordable tickets, I'll be in Cstat next weekend in a heartbeat.

#Aggy2016

TCUdirtbag said:
The Ags are one of the best teams in the country and returned a ton of players off last year's team. Haven't hosted a Super in CS since '99.  Frogs are a scrappy young bunch of newcomers with little experience.  Of course A&M is the heavy favorite.  TCU has nothing to lose next weekend.  Like Todd said, this Frogs team has met and exceeded expectations for this year.  A&M has not.  

And their fans are a bunch of small, whiney nerds always looking for something to be upset about.  Who cares what they say?  We're talking about the school that was so jealous of UT for so many decades that they finally took their ball and ran away to the same mediocre fate they've been cursed with for generations.  They have zero self-respect, which is exactly how much respect everyone else has for them.  Win or lose, TCU gets to go home to Fort Worth and on to a life of not being, feeling, and acting inferior to everyone they encounter.  
Exactly. Couldn't of said it better.

Punter1

I think it's freaking rediculous that the NCAA doesn't reseed after the regionals.

I'm not saying this because I'm pissed about going to CS...I'm glad we have a chance to beat them in their house. With home field being such a big advantage...several teams every year get to host super regionals because of luck. Like Tech last year.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Punter1 said:
I think it's freaking rediculous that the NCAA doesn't reseed after the regionals.

I'm not saying this because I'm pissed about going to CS...I'm glad we have a chance to beat them in their house. With home field being such a big advantage...several teams every year get to host super regionals because of luck. Like Tech last year.

True, but then you'd run the risk of possible bias and "stacking the deck" for certain favorites each year.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Apparently those sheep scheissers and their pa announcer are ready to beat the hell out of us.

https://twitter.com/Travis_L_Brown/status/739673391435653120

Winning this series will be one of the best feelings ever.

scheiss THE SHEEP scheissERS!!!
and their stupid ass bubbles too!