• The KillerFrogs

2015 Fall Practice Updates/Comments

West Coast Johnny

evlo59 said:
  Also I don't think Patterson would recruit anyone without speed. 

Most of the LBs he's recruited have been slow or no faster than average. Washington is the exception but Cain, Mallett, Hasley & Dawson were very slow.  It didn't prevent them from wrecking shop.  Remain optimistic because a 5-flat guy can do just fine in Patterson's defense. 

hornedfrog86

MinFrog said:
My concern is the fourth quarter. That Baylor fourth quarter scares the bejeebus out of me with our depth at DL and LB.

They may try and run for 500 yards. And Perine will be licking his chops to see Wilson trying to fill a gap against him.

Hope I am wrong.
Well, they will grow up and he may never get the the second level.

pgdaly84

Moose Stuff said:
Kenny Cain was a good player for us.
Exactly. We had the #1 defense in the Big 12 with Kenny Cain and Joel Hasley at LB. Hasley made Dawson and Mallett look like Usain Bolt and wasn't any bigger than Ty Summers. These things have happened during the best possible part of our schedule. SFA will be a great time to give all the LB's plenty of snaps, and SMU will be giving us a pretty good test. Lubbock is going to be a shootout, but it was last year too. They scored plenty on last year's D and will again this year. We just need to get the offense rolling and win the turnover battle. Just need to accept that we're gonna have to win more shootouts than we're used to in order to attain our goals.

jake102

Winning shoot outs is all fine and good until we play Baylor. Have to at least pretend to play defense. That's one team we won't beat in a shootout.

OU vs Tenn should be an interesting tell on OU also... after last week's running performance, I'm not quite as worried about them anymore.

Dman890

Jake102 said:
Winning shoot outs is all fine and good until we play Baylor. Have to at least pretend to play defense. That's one team we won't beat in a shootout.

OU vs Tenn should be an interesting tell on OU also... after last week's running performance, I'm not quite as worried about them anymore.

Judging off of game one is a slippery slope.  We didn't exactly light the world on fire either.

netty2424

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Hopefully Whitmill has the ability to overcome mental mistakes with he speed. Wilson should be a great WSLB on passing plays yet I don't know how he will be able to handle the run.
6-1, 230? Why wouldn't he be able to handle the run? What am I missing?

cdsfrog

Dman890 said:

Judging off of game one is a slippery slope.  We didn't exactly light the world on fire either.

Except they played a horrible team basically even (3-0) for 24 minutes, also known as 80% of the first half.
At home. Look I don't think our offense played great, but Minnesota is a 8 to 10win P5 team. Akron is a craptastic G5 team. They went 5-7 in the frickin MAC last year

Casey T

OU is also 1 game into running the air raid. I'm sure it'll be clicking for them nicely by the time they play us. Still think they will be our toughest game all year, and wouldn't be surprised if it's decided by less than 7.

I think they may light Tennessee up, at home tenn gave up 557 yards to freaking bowling green last week and 433 passing yards. Gotta think Mayfield can do better than bowling green

puckster59

Frogs definitely caught a schedule break considering the injuries/departure. Playing OU and Baylor late in the season as opposed to early is huge.

Planks

When Patterson moves you from defense to offense, it's usually not a good sign. Laudarice Sanders and Jordan Moore were both moved from LB to FB.

My guess is out LB depth chart looks like this:

1 Montrel Wilson and Ty Summers

2 Travin Howard and Alec Dunham

3 Paul Whitmill

FrogSwagSurfin

Planks said:
When Patterson moves you from defense to offense, it's usually not a good sign. Laudarice Sanders and Jordan Moore were both moved from LB to FB.

My guess is out LB depth chart looks like this:

1 Montrel Wilson and Ty Summers

2 Travin Howard and Alec Dunham

3 Paul Whitmill
Howard is not a heavy man, 190 I believe.