• The KillerFrogs

2015 Fall Practice Updates/Comments

f_399

I am hoping with this offense, the defense just needs to hold opponents to under 40 and we should/could win.

EDIT: Damn, did I just say that? Sounds like Baylor... yuck...

TCUdirtbag

f_399 said:
I am hoping with this offense, the defense just needs to hold opponents to under 40 and we should/could win.

EDIT: Damn, did I just say that? Sounds like Baylor... yuck...

I think this holds true against about half the teams we play, but Tech (maybe), KSU, WVU, OSU, OU, and Baylor can score. Texas and Minny are unknowns.  We need our defense to show up or it will be uncomfortable.  And our offense will have a couple meh to bad games--just part of 18-24 year old kids playing ball.  

That said, I think our defense will be a lot better than people give us credit for.  It's not like we're starting 6 newcomers. There's some decent playing time sliding into the 2-deep.  

pgdaly84

TCUdirtbag said:

I think this holds true against about half the teams we play, but Tech (maybe), KSU, WVU, OSU, OU, and Baylor can score. Texas and Minny are unknowns.  We need our defense to show up or it will be uncomfortable.  And our offense will have a couple meh to bad games--just part of 18-24 year old kids playing ball.  

That said, I think our defense will be a lot better than people give us credit for.  It's not like we're starting 6 newcomers. There's some decent playing time sliding into the 2-deep.  
That's the part getting lost in all the "Patterson has to replace 6 starters" talk. Other than Freeze, the other spots are being filled by guys with significant game experience and upside. Denzel Johnson had a PBU on the first series of the Peach Bowl so he'd already worked his way into a big role last year. Iloka played quite a bit and was awesome on Special Teams. Mosley, Orr, and O'Meally all played quite a few snaps last year at CB. Sammy Douglas didn't play much at LB but looked good against SMU and led the team in Special Teams tackles. Is it ideal to lose 6 starters? No. But we aren't exactly starting from scratch either, and there is a lot of upside and speed. If we can get through Minnesota and Tech and stay reasonably healthy then I think the D will round into form and be a Top 3 Big 12 D by season's send.

netty2424

pgdaly84 said:
That's the part getting lost in all the "Patterson has to replace 6 starters" talk. Other than Freeze, the other spots are being filled by guys with significant game experience and upside. Denzel Johnson had a PBU on the first series of the Peach Bowl so he'd already worked his way into a big role last year. Iloka played quite a bit and was awesome on Special Teams. Mosley, Orr, and O'Meally all played quite a few snaps last year at CB. Sammy Douglas didn't play much at LB but looked good against SMU and led the team in Special Teams tackles. Is it ideal to lose 6 starters? No. But we aren't exactly starting from scratch either, and there is a lot of upside and speed. If we can get through Minnesota and Tech and stay reasonably healthy then I think the D will round into form and be a Top 3 Big 12 D by season's send.
Would love for all that to turn out to be the case! Gonna be fun this year!

f_399

Want to see a meltdown of epic proportion?

Come back after this season ends, 2016 off season, when we lose almost every key starter on offense. Maybe even a coach or 2.

TCaliU

f_399 said:

Come back after this season ends, 2016 off season, when we lose almost every key starter on offense. Maybe even a coach or 2.
Dont remind me

Bob

f_399 said:

Well darn it.  Let's just give up.

HFrog12

I keep hearing on here about the Dline being banged up.  Can anyone elaborate on who is injured and the extent of their injuries.

MinFrog

f_399 said:

With the best stable of running backs in the country? a top 20 OL/QB/WR set?

Doesnt sound too bad - not too mention a returning defense that is largely intact

MinFrog

HFrog12 said:
I keep hearing on here about the Dline being banged up.  Can anyone elaborate on who is injured and the extent of their injuries.

Per GP there are multiple amputations. We may not even use a DLine - we may just go 2-5. only LBs and DBs (well, those LBs and DBs who are still alive - not many of them).

FrogSwagSurfin

Pierson, McFarland, and Tuaua are in boots. We don't know the extent of their injuries but none of them are using crutches so that is good. Mosely (CB) is hurt and I don't know any details.

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Pierson, McFarland, and Tuaua are in boots. We don't know the extent of their injuries but none of them are using crutches so that is good. Mosely (CB) is hurt and I don't know any details.
I have it on good authority that every single showgirl has been seen in boots.

We screwed.

pgdaly84

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Pierson, McFarland, and Tuaua are in boots. We don't know the extent of their injuries but none of them are using crutches so that is good. Mosely
(CB) is hurt and I don't know any details.
I believe Mosely has been dealing with a nagging groin injury all fall. The DL guys are banged up, but I've heard none are on crutches so the boots should be precautionary.

TCUdirtbag

I assume Camp Patterson will be on full lockdown this week.  

With the Minnesota game on Thursday, anyone know when the Minnesota presser will be? 

P

purplePPO

Most of you guys are very paranoid about the defense, yes I understand there are injuries but what Patterson always recruits is speed. Former Cowboy coach Jimmy Johnson used to say speed kills. It does, especially on defense. Will they make mistakes? Yes. Will they be able to recover from those mistakes with the speed they have? Yes. Minnesota as a whole is not a fast team. I am NOT worried. TCU by three TD's!! Go Frogs!

XIIFrog

Casey8Ball said:
no reports are calling for doom on ut for starting a true freshman in malik Jefferson. same should apply to us

larry-david-staredown-o.gif