• The KillerFrogs

2011 Rose Bowl on tv

froginmn

Almost 10 years later it’s still hard to watch the end of this game without tearing up a little bit.
I remember trying to tell people to savor it because of how unusual it was. Part of that is because I live in big ten land, but the uniqueness of the stadium, the history, etc. makes it perhaps the best game I'll ever see. Peach was awesome, Fiesta was cool, but the Rose Bowl stands alone in my book.

froginmn

Easily the best for me as well. New Years Eve in LA, perfect weather, tailgating on the golf course, ice sculptures, easy-to-hate opponent, tense game, and a WIN. And we got to flaunt it when we returned to our hotel... which we did not realize was the Wisconsin team and alumni hotel until we arrived the first day. That was kind of a shock... of all the hotels to pick in LA.
We picked the TCU team hotel (not on purpose).

Wexahu

I remember trying to tell people to savor it because of how unusual it was. Part of that is because I live in big ten land, but the uniqueness of the stadium, the history, etc. makes it perhaps the best game I'll ever see. Peach was awesome, Fiesta was cool, but the Rose Bowl stands alone in my book.

I think the Rose Bowl and the LA Coliseum are the two coolest venues in the country for a football game. Not only in person, but for some reason games in those stadiums even look better on TV, especially for night games. I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but it just looks awesome IMO.

DeuceBoogieNights

Best sporting event I've attended. We rode the train or whatever out to the stadium and it was full of obnoxious Wisconsin fans on the way there. On the way home it was silent. That was also the bloody bowl day for the Big 10 where like every Big 10 team lost. I was asking people around us for score updates lol.

That team is still extremely underrated even though they went undefeated. So much talent.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Outstanding experience. There was nothing like:

1.) Getting off the bus in bright sunshine and seeing the classic 'Rose Bowl' logo up there on the side of the stadium. No matter how near-death the hangover was, that sight made it all better.

2.) The moment when the TCU Band broke out 'Texas, Our Texas' on the field before the game. All my life, growing up in a UT dominated household, when the Big Bowl Game came on, it was generally the stinking Longhorns playing in the most prestigious Bowl, and thus getting to play the State Song. I heard those notes begin and, suddenly, "Oh! It's on us today!" And we did Texas proud...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
If you watch to the very end as the drone camera rises outside the stadium to show the Rose Bowl you see two Wisconsin fans notice it and in the classy UDub way, shot the finger for all America to see!

Dogfrog

Best sporting event I've attended. We rode the train or whatever out to the stadium and it was full of obnoxious Wisconsin fans on the way there. On the way home it was silent. That was also the bloody bowl day for the Big 10 where like every Big 10 team lost. I was asking people around us for score updates lol.

That team is still extremely underrated even though they went undefeated. So much talent.

We took the train to Pasadena as well. As soon as my wife and I boarded we found ourselves in a sea of red. Some very young children of the cheese started a rousing chant of F*** TCU!, F*** TCU! Made the outcome and the ride back great fun.