• The KillerFrogs

2010-2011 Bowl Schedule Released

JimSwinkLives!

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome?WC...19_10_ncaa_news

[SIZE=12pt]Division I bowl schedule released for 2010-11[/SIZE]

May 19, 2010 8:48:33 AM

The NCAA News
Dates and times have been set for Division I Football Bowl Subdivision matchups after the 2010 season.

For the first time, the committee licensed bowls on a four-year cycle instead of the traditional year-by-year basis. The change aligns the licensing schedule with bowl conference agreements, which are completed on four-year cycles, but allows for an annual review by the committee.

While the NCAA does not administer or operate bowl games, the NCAA authorizes and regulates bowls to ensure student-athlete safety and well-being. The postseason-bowl licensing process preserves the benefits that bowls traditionally provide to sponsoring communities, participating member schools, conferences and student-athletes.

Following are the dates and times of the 35 bowl games for the 2010-11 bowl season:

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(JimSwinkLives! @ May 19 2010, 09:12 AM) [snapback]561500[/snapback]
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome?WC...19_10_ncaa_news

[SIZE=12pt]Division I bowl schedule released for 2010-11[/SIZE]

May 19, 2010 8:48:33 AM

The NCAA News
Dates and times have been set for Division I Football Bowl Subdivision matchups after the 2010 season.

For the first time, the committee licensed bowls on a four-year cycle instead of the traditional year-by-year basis. The change aligns the licensing schedule with bowl conference agreements, which are completed on four-year cycles, but allows for an annual review by the committee.

While the NCAA does not administer or operate bowl games, the NCAA authorizes and regulates bowls to ensure student-athlete safety and well-being. The postseason-bowl licensing process preserves the benefits that bowls traditionally provide to sponsoring communities, participating member schools, conferences and student-athletes.

Following are the dates and times of the 35 bowl games for the 2010-11 bowl season:

Jan 10 in Arizona. Let's see the Frogs in that game!

Top of the pyramid, baby! :biggrin:

Date Time (ET) Bowl Matchup
Sat 18-Dec 2 p.m. New Mexico Bowl MWC vs. WAC
Sat 18-Dec 5:30 p.m. UDrove Humanitarian MAC vs. WAC
Sat 18-Dec 9 p.m. R&L Carriers New Orleans CUSA vs. Sun Belt
Tues 21-Dec 8 p.m. Beef O’Brady’s Bowl Big East vs. CUSA
Wed 22-Dec 8 p.m. MAACO Bowl MWC vs. Pac-10
Thurs 23-Dec 8 p.m. San Diego Poinsettia MWC vs. Navy
Fri 24-Dec 8 p.m. Sheraton Hawaii Bowl CUSA vs. WAC
Mon 27-Dec 5 p.m. Advocare Independence ACC vs. MWC
Tues 28-Dec 6:30 p.m. Champs Sports Bowl ACC vs. Big East
Wed 29-Dec 2:30 p.m. EagleBank Bowl ACC vs. CUSA
Wed 29-Dec 6 p.m. Texas Bowl Big Ten vs. Big 12
Wed 29-Dec 9 p.m. Valero Alamo Bowl Big 12 vs. Pac-10
Thurs 30-Dec Noon Armed Forces Bowl CUSA vs. MWC
Thurs 30-Dec 3:20 p.m. New Era Pinstripe Bowl Big East vs. Big 12
Thurs 30-Dec 6:30 p.m. Franklin Music City Bowl ACC vs. SEC
Thurs 30-Dec 10 p.m. Bridgepoint Holiday Bowl Big 12 vs. Pac-10
Fri 31-Dec Noon Meineke Car Care Bowl ACC vs. Big East
Fri 31-Dec 2 p.m. Sun Bowl Pac-10 vs. ACC
Fri 31-Dec 3:30 p.m. Autozone Liberty Bowl CUSA vs. SEC
Fri 31-Dec TBA Insight Bowl Big Ten vs. Big 12
Fri 31-Dec TBA Chick-Fil-a Bowl ACC vs. SEC
TBA TBA TBA Little Caesars Motor City Big Ten vs. MAC
Sat 1-Jan Noon Dallas Football Classic Big Ten vs. Big 12
Sat 1-Jan 1 p.m. Capital One Bowl Big Ten vs. SEC
Sat 1-Jan 1 p.m. Outback Bowl Big Ten vs. ACC
Sat 1-Jan 1:30 p.m. Gator Bowl Big Ten vs. SEC
Sat 1-Jan 5:10 p.m. Rose Bowl BCS Big Ten vs. BCS Pac-10
Sat 1-Jan 8:30 p.m. Tostitos Fiesta Bowl BCS Big 12 vs. BCS at-large
Mon 3-Jan 8 p.m. Orange Bowl BCS ACC vs. BCS at-large
Tues 4-Jan 8 p.m. Sugar Bowl BCS SEC vs. BCS at-large
Thurs 6-Jan 8 p.m. GMAC Bowl MAC vs. Sun Belt
Fri 7-Jan 8 p.m. AT&T Cotton Bowl Big 12 vs. SEC
Sat 8-Jan Noon Papajohns.com Bowl Big East vs. SEC
Sun 9-Jan 9 p.m. Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl WAC vs. Pac-10
Mon 10-Jan 8 p.m. BCS National Championship BCS #1 vs. BCS #2

desmith03

I should also mention that if TCU doesn't make a BCS game or have a prestigious at-large selection, I'm hoping for the Independence Bowl.

desmith03

QUOTE(KillerFrog InD KitchenSink @ May 19 2010, 09:56 AM) [snapback]561530[/snapback]
Armed Forces date is a nice day for travel, but will struggle to pull a 1.0 rating in the middle of the day on a full workday.

Do we know yet whether it will be in Ft. Worth or Dallas?

desmith03

QUOTE(police1287 @ May 19 2010, 09:58 AM) [snapback]561533[/snapback]
Did i miss something i see 3 BCS bowls with at large spots,but no BCS bowl with a automatic tie in for the Big East.

The Big East has an automatic bid for its champion, but not an automatic tie-in to any of the BCS bowls. They're always a BCS at-large selection.

QUOTE(police1287 @ May 19 2010, 09:58 AM) [snapback]561533[/snapback]
Did i miss something i see 3 BCS bowls with at large spots,but no BCS bowl with a automatic tie in for the Big East.

BE has a guaranteed bid, but it's champ isn't an anchor for any BCS bowl.

ShivasFrog

Two thoughts...

1) There are too many bowls.
2) The MWC has the worst bowl affiliations of any conference (relative to level of conference competitiveness).

QUOTE(Daniel @ May 19 2010, 09:57 AM) [snapback]561531[/snapback]
I should also mention that if TCU doesn't make a BCS game or have a prestigious at-large selection, I'm hoping for the Independence Bowl.

Yeah, that's clearly our preferred bowl other than the BCS. Opponent will be equal to the Vegas opponent and a better date/easier travel. Vegas is more fun and will get better TV ratings in prime time, though.

QUOTE(ShivasFrog @ May 19 2010, 10:01 AM) [snapback]561537[/snapback]
Two thoughts...

1) There are too many bowls.
2) The MWC has the worst bowl affiliations of any conference (relative to level of conference competitiveness).

1) I used to take a more the merrier approach to bowls, but now that they are talking about contingincies for teams with losing records making bowls if there are not enough .500 teams, I'd have to agree we've crossed that threshold.
2) Agree, if you state it in relative terms. Obviously the WAC, MAC and Sunbelt are worse. CUSA is about the same. We're a victim of geography, to some extent.

If we do somehow swing an AQ bid, though, that changes.