• The KillerFrogs

20 years ago today... who was at the UNLV game

Shorty

d88112.jpg

"I was in junior high, schwanz kopf"

MTfrog5

Looking at the schedule that year I don’t remember playing and beating Gonzaga. That Gonzaga team went to the elite 8. That was a pretty disappointing year going 7-7 in conference

hometown frog

The PGs name was Dickle if I’m not mistaken. And we have him a boatload of crap for the name. I was there and more than likely on the front row of the student section. (Was most games around then anyways) I remember standing in line to enter DMC before the doors opened up.

TCU2002

I was there, playing in the pep band.

The energy in the arena was crazy at the start of the game. Nailon losing his temper so early in the game (and with very minor provocation) was just so inexplicable.

It turned out to be a very entertaining game. I think Marquise Gainous went off that night. The Frogs lost in overtime. It was the start of a four game losing streak that sent the Frogs tumbling from the polls. They had a mini-surge late in the season (including a win at UNLV on ESPN) and were likely to make the Dance before losing the home finale to Tulsa and, inexplicably, in the first round of the WAC Tournament to BYU (and I was there for that since the pep band traveled to the conference tournament).

Last edited: