• The KillerFrogs

12 Men on the field???

HeidelFrog

Has anyone ever seen a team or player get penalized for something like that in CF?? Maybe we should be teaching acting classes here at TCU too. If it’s allowed then let’s take advantage. If everyone starts doing it, then maybe it will start being penalized.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
12 men on the field is a penalty, a time out gets called for the "injury".
I’m not 100% sure on this point but it was posted earlier that he was the 11th man. Had the ball been snapped before he went down it would have been offsides, but he took a dive which isn’t against the rules. Sketchy sure, but not cheating. Does the NCAA need to visit this and institute a rule on the matter? I say yes.

Raw Frog

This issue needs to be properly addressed. The refs should have the discretion to make a ruling that it was a delay tactic, and thrown a flag accordingly.

Pharm Frog

That was nothing compared to what was happening in D3 and D2 with their tempo spread offenses. You’d have thought there were multiple snipers in the stands the way defenders would drop. And then be right back in after the first offensive substitution.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I’m not 100% sure on this point but it was posted earlier that he was the 11th man. Had the ball been snapped before he went down it would have been offsides, but he took a dive which isn’t against the rules. Sketchy sure, but not cheating. Does the NCAA need to visit this and institute a rule on the matter? I say yes.
There is a lot that the NCAA needs to visit and correct

Start with that fake injury and then move on to a time limit on reviewed calls

Pharm Frog

Injured players should have to miss rest of the drive.
Unless injured by an opposing player committing a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct.

This was being considered a few years ago along with a provision that you could get them back on the field earlier at the expense of a timeout (and I don't think they were talking about limiting it to those particular penalties-any penalty involving the injured player committed by the opposing team would have been an exemption). They may have even piloted something like this with a conference or two at the lower divisions. At D2 they never felt like they had the ability to police the return of the player.

Volare

I had to take some days off from posting or commenting on last Satuday's debacle. Thought maybe it would help my sports rage subside.

No such luck.

On the play in question, the player flops 10 feet in front of the incompetent White Hat who does nothing. Should have been unsportsmanlike penalty- no question. It's a shame that that White Hat is so nondescript that I can't even come up with a ridiculing nickname for him. I suppose he could be "Incompetent Ref" but this is the Big 12, so that seems rather redundant and non-descriptive.

Long Time Lurker

Don’t forget about the interception where the ref tried to say Isahaaku was out of bounds. I think we must have a reputation of not tipping 20%. All joking aside...there have been many games where it seems (to me at least) that the refs have a personal issue with us. I thought the reason each conference had its own refs is so they could shade some things for the higher ranking team. I don’t get why an entire crew would seem to be actively undermining the highest ranked team in the conference. Just another fail for the conference.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Don’t forget about the interception where the ref tried to say Isahaaku was out of bounds. I think we must have a reputation of not tipping 20%. All joking aside...there have been many games where it seems (to me at least) that the refs have a personal issue with us. I thought the reason each conference had its own refs is so they could shade some things for the higher ranking team. I don’t get why an entire crew would seem to be actively undermining the highest ranked team in the conference. Just another fail for the conference.
It is obvious that the higher ranking team is Oklahoma (or Texas if need be) in some eyes therefore shaded toward Oklahoma by process of elimination of other contenders.

BleedNPurple

It is obvious that the higher ranking team is Oklahoma (or Texas if need be) in some eyes therefore shaded toward Oklahoma by process of elimination of other contenders.

We have a chance to rip both Texas and Oklahoma a need one! Who do these clown show refs think they’re messing with? I haven’t seen Game Day in either of those campuses!

Hopefully coach has sent video on the holds called and not called at ISU - just unbelievable!

BleedNPurple

A new one
We have a chance to rip both Texas and Oklahoma a need one! Who do these clown show refs think they’re messing with? I haven’t seen Game Day in either of those campuses!

Hopefully coach has sent video on the holds called and not called at ISU - just unbelievable!

A new one.

Maybe one day in between all of the redirects on this site we can also get an edit post button turned back on!