• The KillerFrogs

100 point basketball players-- before 3 pointers and shot clock

Leap Frog

Source says 4 players have scored 100 or more points in collegiate basketball.games-- with 2 doing it twice.
Paul Arizen made 100+for Villanova in late 40's (no clear date). Arizen also pioneered the jump shot.
Frank Selvy of Furman U. netted 100 on Feb. 13th., 1954.
Clarence "Bevo" Francis did it twice. 116 on Jan.9th.,1953 and again, 113 on Feb.2nd., 1954 for Rio Grande College..
Jack Taylor, of Grinnell College was a 2-time century scorer. 138 on Nov. 20th.2012 and 109 on Nov.17th.,2013.

Don't know when the next time will come, but it probably will. Anyway, those were incredible feats.
Trae Young comes to mind, maybe in some early season game at some point.

Purp

Source says 4 players have scored 100 or more points in collegiate basketball.games-- with 2 doing it twice.
Paul Arizen made 100+for Villanova in late 40's (no clear date). Arizen also pioneered the jump shot.
Frank Selvy of Furman U. netted 100 on Feb. 13th., 1954.
Clarence "Bevo" Francis did it twice. 116 on Jan.9th.,1953 and again, 113 on Feb.2nd., 1954 for Rio Grande College..
Jack Taylor, of Grinnell College was a 2-time century scorer. 138 on Nov. 20th.2012 and 109 on Nov.17th.,2013.

Don't know when the next time will come, but it probably will. Anyway, those were incredible feats.
Trae Young comes to mind, maybe in some early season game at some point.
Trae Young might be capable, but I don't think Lon Kruger would ever let him score than many unless the game wasn't a blowout. Now I can see Trae getting 50+ in 25 minutes on 17 of 20 from 3 totaling 680 feet worth of made baskets. The kid has unlimited range, which makes him impossible to guard when he's hot from deep, but I don't see him getting 100 in a game ever. Plus, he's only going to have one more chance against a weakish opponent and that will be the 1st round of the NCAA tourney. He won't be in Norman next year.

If anyone ever scores 100 in college basketball again I'll put money on it being a female(ish) player from Baylor.

froglash88

Lisa Leslie of Inglewood Morningside High School scored 101 points in only 16 minutes Wednesday night against South Torrance, but any opportunity she had to break the national record of 105 points was eliminated when the basketball game was called at halftime because the opponents refused to play.Feb 8, 1990

thefrogking

All I can say is I had the honor of playing with one of the greatest college basketball players of all time. Unfortunately his personal life was his undoing but on the court he reigned supreme. All these years later Anthony Roberts still holds the record of 65 points in post season NCAA division 1 basketball and I had the honor of feeding him the rock. “Woosie” as he was known by his ORU team mates could score on anybody anywhere anyway. I can only imagine what he would have done with a 3 point shot!
RIP Woosie.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/...cle_9b417625-1858-5b9d-b546-46933732cd1e.html

Leap Frog

Wilt Chamberlain tallied 100 plus twice in pro basketball.
Wilt "The Stilt" also said he scored with 20,000 women in his busy life.
Let's see, that would be one each day for 55 years-- or close to it.:rolleyes:.
Either Wilt's math was lacking, or he lied much. RIP "Stilt".

Last edited:

Jackson

If Wilt "the stilt" Chamberlain scored with the 20,000 women he'd claimed, the game of basketball would have been changed forever as they'd be many more 7 footers on both collegiate & NBA basketball courts.

Frozen Frog

Grinnell has a very offensive minded basketball philosophy. It is basically get down the floor quickly and shoot quickly. They could easily have another 100 point guy.