• The KillerFrogs

10 years ago today: TCU 32 BYU 7

LVH

Where does this game rank up there in terms of big wins for the program.

I think it was a turning point game. Dalton returned after missing the last 2 games and was a different QB. After his mediocre freshman year and average start to the 2008 season, this was kind of his coming out party. Yeah we lost at Utah a few weeks later but this win was still big as BYU had owned us the past 2 years and was on a huge conference winning streak. Not to mention Kerley tearing things up in the wildcat and Hughes having a big game as well.

I feel like this win was the table setter for the next few years through the Rose Bowl.

dawg

I have fond memories of this game. BYU game in ranked, IIRC, in the top ten and had plastered us pretty good the previous two seasons. The final score did not do justice to the can of whupass we opened up on them.

2008 definitely paved the way for 2009, and the bitter losses to Utah and Boise definitely led to the greatest football moment most of us have experienced.

Bob

AB says Bye-Bye

49923e4c-a58e-5ed3-80c8-bffd36fe50e7.image.jpg

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I proposed to my wife the night after that game. I literally picked up the ring minutes before parking at the stadium. I was scared s---less to leave it in my car, and also terrified I was going to have it fall out of my pocket at ACS. Never took my left hand out of my pocket the whole game.

MTfrog5

I remember watching BYU in pregame warm ups thinking their OL looked really slow. Well Jerry Hughes and company proved my thought to be correct. Was a fun game for sure but I remember the 2009 game at Provo more for whatever reason.