• The KillerFrogs

“Very hostile” crowd in Lubbock

SuperTFrog

This is also [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]!

There were over 2,000 tcu people there....
The tcu visitors section had 1500 and there was a lot of other purple around the stadium.
Don’t know if you were there, but I was sitting in the TCU section. Less than 500 for sure. It was probably 15% full

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Or a filthy liar

giphy.gif

Atomic Frawg

I took this pic 30 minutes before kickoff. The pic he posted was accurate. Small crowd. The stadium was not even 3/4 capacity.

Attachments

• Resized_20171118_103119_5434.jpg
    Resized_20171118_103119_5434.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 24

Pharm Frog

It couldn't have been a even a decent crowd. I was offered no fewer than 10 tickets from relatives with kids at Tech who weren't going to the game. My in-laws were offered tickets by season ticket holders in Lamesa so they could go if Mrs Pharm and I went. And Mrs Pharm was offered two tickets by a neighbor up here who is a season ticket holder but wasn't making the trip over. I have no idea what StubHub was selling for but I expect there was a ton of unused tickets.

Atomic Frawg

This one was in the 3rd quarter. The focus was the cheerleaders and Super Frog, but you can see the crowd from about the 30 yard line on their east side.

Attachments

• Resized_20171118_141232_9590.jpg
    Resized_20171118_141232_9590.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 44

Atomic Frawg

Did they confiscate everyone's cameras at kickoff?
At kickoff my attention turned towards the game. I had seen the crowds at two of their earlier 11AM games on TV, and I was hoping for the 11AM start. A Tech diehard who I know was praying for at least a 2PM kickoff but really wanted a night game because he had a feeling the crowd would continue to be bad. The honeymoon is over for KK.

Bob

Well, the wind was blowing and that is always a good day to stay inside around Lubbock. Unless the cattle pens are downwind that is.

Big Frog II

I am seeing tons of games where the crowds are drifting out after halftime. TV and the extra long reviews are making this game too long and at times boring. They no longer have a commercial break, it's more like an infomercial break. Add that to the reviews that are sometimes taking way too long, the game is slowing down to a crawl. They have got to come up with a way to show commercials without stopping the game for so long. People are losing interest.

P.S. Halftime could also be shortened.

Wexahu

I am seeing tons of games where the crowds are drifting out after halftime. TV and the extra long reviews are making this game too long and at times boring. They no longer have a commercial break, it's more like an infomercial break. Add that to the reviews that are sometimes taking way too long, the game is slowing down to a crawl. They have got to come up with a way to show commercials without stopping the game for so long. People are losing interest.

P.S. Halftime could also be shortened.

I agree with all of this. IMO this keeps people away more than anything, there's just so much dead time when you're at the game that you don't notice quite as much at home. And when its really hot, like it has been for most of the games this year, the effect is magnified.

No reason at all halftimes can't be 15 minutes instead of 20, that's an easy way to trim 5 minutes right there.

Moose Stuff

It couldn't have been a even a decent crowd. I was offered no fewer than 10 tickets from relatives with kids at Tech who weren't going to the game. My in-laws were offered tickets by season ticket holders in Lamesa so they could go if Mrs Pharm and I went. And Mrs Pharm was offered two tickets by a neighbor up here who is a season ticket holder but wasn't making the trip over. I have no idea what StubHub was selling for but I expect there was a ton of unused tickets.

I was offered 3 free tickets from a Tech season ticket holder who is out until Queensbury is gone and 2 from another who just wasn’t going.