• The KillerFrogs

“Sorry” to Del Conte.

Dogfrog

True, but UT was the only holdout and maybe they would have come around anyway without the visit, but we truly will never know. What we do know is this visit pushed UT off the fence and cemented the deal of TCU going to the Big 12. I also think none of this happens without then interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas and mainly OU and later OSU pushing for a TCU invite.

Neinas planted the TCU seed during an interview on TV during a Big 12 game. I am pretty sure that he went off script here and was hoping to force the issue with some of the Big 12 membership.

Based on exactly what you are saying, I find it impossible to believe this monumental B12 decision can be attributed to a few drinks in Austin, and I really like and admire CDC.

asleep003

surprised the roles were not reversed, with the self proclaimed 2 Aggie national Championships(out of 3) and the future national championship Trophy presented to Jimbo on his arrival in college station off the Jet … in front of the Aggie marching Band to welcome him. Jimbo did look a bit red faced and embarrassed.

Last edited: