• The KillerFrogs

“GP most overrated coach in country”

Casey T

That OSU 2015 game was lost due to 4 picks. We outgained them in yardage by almost 50%, had over twice as many first downs, and dominated time of possession. Their D was opportunistic and their O took care of business

ThisIsOurTime

Sounds like someone trying to build a base of Big State U followers by picking on the small fan base of TCU where there will be less blowback. The only thing that is interesting is, if we pretend he is on the level, I did a quick glance and all the articles online ranking the coaches have GP ranked anywhere from 8th to further back on the list which isn't ranked high enough for him to get worked up over it. He would have to think GP wasn't a top 25 coach for this to even make sense as why bother if thought he was just top 15 instead of 8th or what not.

Ok, I read his posts. He is making the error of an apples and oranges comparison. He is saying what GP did in the prior conferences doesn't count because say A&M would have done the same in those conferences. But he is forgetting that TCU succeeded without the money, big fanbase, recruiting advantages, etc. If you take those things away from any school, it is a major harder thing to do. And of course, he completely ignores that TCU beat the best team Wisky ever had in the Rose Bowl and TCU didn't even play their best game either.

The other part he is ignoring is that it is still harder to recruit at TCU than the Big State Us even when both are in Power 5 conferences and that TCU dealt with the drug bust incident that would never happen at a Big State U because they wouldn't permit it which hurt GP's overall record. But he may just be ignorant of these things as he thinks Boykin ran a 4.3 40 time? That would be news to NFL scouts.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

That guy is a total clown. Twitter has allowed him to have an inflated sense of his importance when the reality is that he has no more college football sense than the average poster on this (or any other) forum.

Last edited:

froginmn

Can't believe this thread has generated so much ongoing discussion.

To me it's clearly a case of:

I6NrTlG.gif

My Buddy Steve

Pretty sure we were already losing when Doctson went out.

Doctson was an incredible WR but Boykin was one of the best college QBs I’ve ever seen play. He was way more important than Doctson, IMO.

In one season Boykin went from a inaccurate passer to a peach bowl hoss qb. I called him out in his crappy season and said that his accuracy couldn’t be improved. Next season, he was so damn good I almost banned myself from the board.

Probably not having Anderson as oc, and having doctson and listenbee flying around the field had a greater impact.

LVH

The only thing worse than "HOT SPORTS TAKE" twitter is Sports Gambling Twitter. You want to see the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to twitter... sports gambling is your topic