• The KillerFrogs

“GP most overrated coach in country”

MTfrog5

https://twitter.com/LiveCfb
This dude is full currently discussing how Patterson only succeeds when Boykin is at QB. Doesn’t add the fact of how Patterson’s defense has been top half of the league since 2012 or really any other stats. Pretty fun read through his twitter

MTfrog5

One could almost argue that Doctson was the more impactful player.

Discuss.
“Doctson sucked. It was all Boykin. Just look at Doctson in the NFL” probably what CFBlive would say.

I think you can make a pretty good argument for Doctson being more important than Boykin. OSU 2015 is a key example of how the game turned drastically when Doctson got hurt.

FrogCop19

“Doctson sucked. It was all Boykin. Just look at Doctson in the NFL” probably what CFBlive would say.

I think you can make a pretty good argument for Doctson being more important than Boykin. OSU 2015 is a key example of how the game turned drastically when Doctson got hurt.
"Yeah, well, look at Boykin in the NFL...oh wait, YOU CAN'T!" would be the proper response.

Ron Swanson

Pretty sure we were already losing when Doctson went out.

Doctson was an incredible WR but Boykin was one of the best college QBs I’ve ever seen play. He was way more important than Doctson, IMO.

MTfrog5

Doctson was an incredible WR but Boykin was one of the best college QBs I’ve ever seen play. He was way more important than Doctson, IMO.
Was 28-9 when he got hurt. We ended up missing a FG after Doctson got a first down earlier in the drive. Doctson had 6 catches and 60 yards in basically one half. I don’t think either side of the argument is wrong as each were incredible in their own ways.

Limp Lizard

We had been behind before and still won those games. There was definitely a sense of panic when Doctson went out. OCs as well as Boykin.

Ron Swanson

We had been behind before and still won those games. There was definitely a sense of panic when Doctson went out. OCs as well as Boykin.
Oh yeah, I remember thinking it was over when Doctson went out. He was extremely important and I knew it would take a miracle performance from him and Boykin if we had a shot at a comeback. My point though was that it wasn’t like we were tied or winning when he got hurt and then fell apart without him. We were getting our arses kicked already.

QB is just so much more important than WR. You could substitute Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens or Randy Moss in their prime into this discussion instead of Doctson and I’d still say Boykin was more critical to our 2014/2015 teams’ success.

We saw last year what happens with an all-America WR and no QB to run the offense.

Last edited: