• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. E

Men's Tennis Spring 24

Not sure why nothing was posted, but... The guys won their first match in January very decisively over Abilene Christian. 7-0. Next up is Rice on Saturday. Hopefully others more knowledgeable can add more later.
  2. E

2024 Baseball Schedule

I was looking at the schedule, and it seems to be very aggressive in late Feb. I believe there are normally about three days off during a week and play 4 days. We have 9 games in 12 days it looks like. 3 games with UCLA 1 day off 2 more (Wash St, UA) 1 day off 3 games at Globe Life 1 day off 1...
  3. E

What is the issue with this site on mobile?

I have been unable to read on my iPhone the past two days. When I click on a thread to read, there is usually a short half second white screen flash before it loads. Then a second or two in it goes black with a warning the page cannot load with the http address of whatever page I was trying to read.
  4. E

Intro Music for Football games

I like the TCU intro music at games, but would not mind an update. Does anyone know if this song has been used by other schools: Five Finger Death Punch - Lift Me Up I also like the band because of their support for the military, which seems to fit in with all the flyovers at TCU.
  5. E

BYU Game Time Question

Curious as to thoughts on if we can get an 11am kick off for the BYU game on Oct 14th. I doubt it will be anything on FOX but FS1 time slot or ESPN+ compared to later slot?
  6. E

Bailey

Might have been mentioned in one of the dozens of world ending threads, but I have not read them all. Was Bailey injured? My one big complaint is that he was not on the field for the last drive and instead mostly passes called instead of running the ball. Last drive was 75% passes - stupid.
  7. E

AP Poll

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll LSU up 11 Texas up 14 TCU and Tulane both drop 15
  8. E

Random Bowl Numbers

I was curious and looked at the 6 major CFP bowls: Peach, Fiesta, Cotton, Orange, Sugar, and Rose. Only 7 teams have played in all 6 bowls. Alabama, Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida St, Miami, Oklahoma, and TCU Yet none of the schools have won all 6. Each school is missing one win. TCU - not won...
  9. E

GoFrogs.com needs work

Been trying to get the gofrogs website working. The top menu does not work to go to different sections. Nothing happens when I click it on a windows machine or iPhone. Why am I posting here? Well, because without the menu working, I can not get to any contact page to tell them directly...
  10. E

TCU Athletic Dept unable to do technology?

Why does the athletic department seem unable to have competent technology services? The link for today's TCU-Michigan baseball game does not go to a valid game (remove link if not one). Had many other links not connect right for stats or audio. Last season for football, every time I click the...
  11. E

NIL Question for NIL Business Groups

To start, I am not against the concept of NIL. I am against paying players for simple recruiting purposes. I liek when some of these players have their social media accounts and were in a position to actually earn money from it such as with several of the Olympic sport athletes. With all these...
  12. E

Conference Bowl Standings

I generally like to keep a thread like this each bowl season, and it is always easy just to post it. Will post updates every few days. Through 12/20: Sunbelt: 3-0 (4 remain) Teams to play: S Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina Win: Troy, S Miss, Marshall Loss: ACC: 1-0 (8...
  13. E

Stat Talk - CFP edition

I like to look at numbers for teams, but also find it interesting in how they can be chosen to represent specific points of views. I was looking at total defense listings for the B1G. They have 5 teams in the top 10 for points allowed and 4 of the top 5 in yards allowed. Michigan being in both...
  14. E

Potential CCG Opponents

It seems like it is down to two likely opponents in the CCG for TCU. Curious as to the matchups people are thinking and who to root for next week. Maverick (TCU) vs Iceman (K St) or Rocky (TCU) vs Drago (UT)
  15. E

CFP Potential Teams

After reading through the new AP and Coaches rankings, thought this would be interesting to discuss over the next few weeks. There are only a few 0 and 1 loss teams left that have a reasonable shot at the tournament. It would take a lot of chaos for a two loss team to get in this year IMO. So...
  16. E

Coaching Durations

I was curious about how football changes over years and how well coaches adapt. Are there coaches that have been able to succeed at one school for more than 20 years or is that about the limit for being successful? It seems most long tenured coaches seem to start to falter somewhere around that...
  17. E

9PM Kickoff

https://gofrogs.com/news/2022/5/26/kickoff-times-tv-set-for-opening-2-football-games.aspx Opening game for 2022 kicks off at 9pm against Colorado. ESPN.
  18. E

Sports Betting Question

I play with picking brackets and such, but nothing for single game betting. I understanding the basics of getting or giving points in a bet. Bet $100 on Team A to win by more than 2.5 points (if favored by 2.5) and you win $100. The straight win bets, get more complex trying to figure how much...
  19. E

Sports Book Question

I don't follow sports betting very closely as I am not interested in online betting. I did see that Louisiana passed some law allowing sports betting. Does anyone know if there is much chance of it being implemented before football season? I only found a scant few articles that did not say much...
  20. E

Yep, the Money Won

Pac-12 to allow nonconference football games Pac-12 teams must be the host site and games must be broadcast by ESPN or Fox Sports, the conference's television partners. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30349498/pac-12-allow-nonconference-football-games Does this mean the Cal...